t h i r t y

Unedited

* * * * * *

"This is a terrible plan."

"I think, it might just work."

Harry shot Oscar a dirty look to where he sat, perched at the edge of the rocks with his feet dangling. Harry huffed, continuing his pacing back and forth that he'd been doing ever since Peter shared his idea of a "good plan". At first, it sounded promising. It was a good idea; all of them would fly to Hook's ship and bombard them. They'd be so caught off guard that they wouldn't be prepared for a fight and hopefully, they'd listen to Harry's request to take them to England. Harry had been all for this idea, until Peter stated it would be better if there was a distraction. That distraction being-, Gwen.

"She wouldn't be alone on the ship for long." Peter said and Harry shook his head. "They might see us coming if we all go there at once. But if Gwen flies there before us, they'll be distracted by her and they won't see us coming."

"You want to send Gwen to Hook, alone. He'll touch her." Harry shook his head again and lifted his hands to run his fingers through his hair. "Not to mention, she can barely stay on her own feet. She's too weak."

"It's not a terrible plan." Gwen chimed in from where she sat on  the sand with Tristan's arms wrapped around her waist. He'd nearly thrown himself at Gwen when he saw her, crying and begging her not to leave him. Gwen promised him they would take him with them and ever since then, he's been glued to her side. Moving his gaze from a now calm Tristan, Harry paused in his pacing and turned to shoot Gwen an incredulous look for actually seeming okay with this idea.

"You're insane. What will you do if they attack you?"

"Fight them, of course."

Harry snorted. "You're not at your strongest at the moment. They'll overpower you with ease."

Gwen narrowed her eyes. "Are you calling me weak? What? Because I'm a girl?"

He sighed and shook his head. "It has nothing to do with your gender, love. You know what I mean is that your health is currently making you less capable of defending yourself." He met her eye, her face softening as she bit down on her lip. "I'm just worried."

"I know. And I understand but I do think Peter's plan is a good idea," Harry frowned but Gwen continued. "I won't be alone for long, Harry. And if things go wrong you'll all be there soon before they can hurt me."

"She's right. We'll fly over the moment she lands on the ship." Peter nodded and Harry looked between him and Gwen, briefly catching the way she was nodding in encouragement. His stomach was twisting with nerves but putting that aside, he also knew Peter's plan was a good one. He might of agreed to it a little more easily if Gwen wasn't a girl he loved or carrying his child. As terrible as it sounded, he knew the reason for his protectiveness stemmed from the way he felt about her.

He regarded the two of them once more, glancing out across the sea to the ship before sighing in defeat. "Alright. We'll do it," he looked at Peter firmly when he saw him perk up. "But we leave right before Gwen lands on the ship. I don't want to give Hook too much time alone with her."

"Fine." Peter nodded and turned around, facing the fairies before he jerked his head in Gwen's direction. "Go ahead and sprinkle her. We've got no time to waste."

Gwen sighed and gently pried Tristan's fingers away from her waist. He made a sound of protest but Gwen whispered words of reassurance, kissing him on the forehead before he withdrew himself from her completely. She outstretched an arm out to Harry once she was free and with his help, he guided her up on her feet. She winced slightly, her muscles aching from sitting in the same position for too long. Swaying, she gripped Harry's hand harder when he offered it to her and tried to appear much stronger then she felt when she saw Harry's unsureness. She felt god awful and Harry was a hundred percent right about her weak state, but she'd force on a tough face until this was done.