f i f t e e n

Over 100 votes and 50 comments so here you go. <3 Enjoy & read AN at the end!

* * * * * * * *

Gwen's scream bounced off the trees and though it was cut short by the sudden pull of the fin wrapped around her legs, she was hopeful Harry had heard her. It was the loudest she had ever screamed in her life and even after she was plunged beneath the water, she could feel the aching of her throat from it. Water invaded her nostrils and mouth while bubbles scattered her vision. She thrashed her body as best as she could, throwing her arms out blindly to hit whoever had a hold on her. Her hair was whipping past her and her ears began to ache so she fought to catch a glimpse of what was happening. Her eyes were burning but she managed to see that she was being pulled down to the floor of the lake.

She began to panic, trying her hardest to get out of the fin wrapped around her. She reached down and dug her nails into the slimy fin, feeling scales slipping under her fingernails. A high pitched painful scream filled her ears through the water and the fin released her subconsciously. She took the opportunity to escape, hurriedly swimming her way up back to the surface. Legs kicking profusely despite her night gown weighing her down. And it was as if one of the mermaids had read her mind, because the next thing she knew there was a hand gripping the end of her gown and pulling down on it. She felt part of it rip but ignored it, forcing herself to fight her way back up because she was choking on water and wasn't sure how much longer she'd be able to swim. She needed air desperately so she kicked the mermaid's hand away hard, before hurriedly moving closer to the surface. Hands dug into her ankle, nails sharp as claws scratching at her skin and with out thinking opened her mouth to scream in pain. Bubbles clouded her vision as she did while another hand pushed down on top of her head.

Hazel eyes locked with brown ones and she almost screamed again in fear when she saw Venus's sharp sharklike teeth. It was a sight she hadn't been expecting to see so she flinched back and became momentarily distracted, giving the mermaids the upper hand again. Venus shoved Gwen down, her teeth on full display and brown eyes now looking golden. Gwen snapped back to reality and reached up to push Venus's hands off her head but it seemed so useless. It was three of them against one of her and they were made for the water. There were hands pulling on her from every direction, ripping at the skirt of her gown and clawing her skin. She could feel the strong sting of it each time they scratched her and her head ached from all the hair pulling. Gwen was at a huge disadvantage being a normal human and as much as she wanted to fight back, her muscles were tightening up and she felt lightheaded.

Positive that she was going to be killed by these three mermaids, her hands weakly tried to push them away. Her eyes fluttered as she fought to keep them open just as she heard another loud scream of pain through the water. It was so loud it made her ears ache more and she tore her tired eyes open to see Venus being dragged away from her. She couldn't see who was pulling her away, but whoever it was must of done something to scare the rest of them because the other two mermaids instantly released Gwen.

A short burst of adrenaline ran through her veins at the fact she was free and she forced her tired limbs to kick her way to the top. Her lungs were begging for air and the closer she got to the surface, the more they ached. Her heart was pounding in her ears and the moment she reached the top and her head was above water, she let her body go limp knowing she would end up just floating. She was gasping and coughing up water before she let her body move to float tiredly on her back. It wasn't until she finally had enough air did her surroundings register to her ears.

There was shouting and then someone was gripping Gwen's arm and wading her to the edge of the lake. Arms tucked themselves under her armpits before they hitched her up onto the rocketed floor, lying her body down carefully. Gwen's eyes lazily moved around the lake and then she finally saw the source of all the commotion.