n i n e t e e n

It had been a few days since their romantic engagement and both Gwen and Harry had grown drastically closer. They hadn't had another night like that since then, but Harry had repeatedly snuck into Gwen's hut once he knew the boys were sleeping. They stayed up talking about everything until the light from the next morning would peek in through the cracks of Gwen's door. Gwen had to constantly force Harry out to return to his hut before the boys could catch him leaving hers the next morning but Harry was stubborn. The more time he spent with Gwen, the more he wanted to stay beside her. He found that he liked talking to her, whether it be for the reason the sky was blue or something about her past. Harry was entranced with everything she did and said; watching her talk for hours was never boring and he enjoyed it much more than he enjoyed flying or hunting. Two things he loved, quite a lot.

Gwen too, loved staying up to converse with Harry, despite how exhausted she was the next day after running on only three or so hours of sleep. She liked having Harry beside her in bed and the way his eyes would focus on her. Back home, she often found that not a lot of people would meet her eye when she spoke or they'd easily become distracted. But Harry was different. Harry held her eye, every bit of his attention solely on her that at times, it was Gwen that had to look away. The intensity behind his stare made her blush and her skin rise with goosebumps but still, she loved that Harry listened.

It was moments like these, where she sat amongst the lost boys as they played a game in the dirt that she reminiced over the conversations she had with Harry the previous night. Her eyes felt heavy and she was lacking the usual energy she had in her but she felt happy. Her heart was full with an emotion she could only describe as something close to love and it made her stomach flutter. She'd never been in love before but she had liked a boy in the past. She knew what that felt like and it was nothing like this. What she was feeling was stronger, a desire to be close to him all the time whether it be just to talk or sit there in silence. She was drawn to him and felt a connection she had never felt with anyone before. Her body seem to buzz when she was around him as well, like it just had to be next to him. Or touch him. That was another thing; the more time her and Harry spent together the more her body ached to be touched by him. She found her thoughts often drifting to the way his fingers had felt like between her legs. The pleasure hadn't been a surprise, considering she'd shamelessly touched herself in the past. But what was surprising, was how much better it felt when it was Harry's fingers. It heightened every single one of her nerve endings and her head had been on a cloud. The pleasure was so good that whenever she thought back on it, she'd have to clamp her thighs together to relieve the sudden throbbing in core.

Which was exactly what she had to do now as she thought of Harry's skillful fingers again. She crossed one leg over the other where she sat on the ground, trying to be subtle about the way she was making an attempt to relieve herself. Her teeth were sunk into her bottom lip as she focused her eyes on the tick-tack toe game the boys were playing. Surprisingly, they had invited her to sit with them and Gwen noticed that they began to talk to her more now. They didn't seem as skeptical about whether to trust her or not anymore and she thought maybe seeing Harry defend her against the mermaids had changed that. Either way, she was happy with them slowly accepting her and including her in their group activities. She'd already played a game against Will and teased him when she beat him. He chided her and claimed she cheated before he shrugged off the lost and handed the stick to the next player. It had been a boy who's name she later learned was Daniel and seeing how young he was, probably a little older then Tristan, she let him win.

So there she sat, watching them play with an amused grin on her face whenever they'd get a little riled up. Her thoughts frequently turned to Harry but knowing it was highly inappropriate to think of his hand in her knickers, she forced herself to focus on the boy's instead. Though as if knowing she had just been thinking of him, Harry approached behind her until his figure was leaving a shadow to fall over Gwen's body. Frowning at the sudden shade, she looked up and her eyes widened when she saw Harry looking down at her with a small grin on his face. He jerked his head towards the forest, holding his hand out for her to take.