t w e n t y • f o u r

When I saw this picture I immediately thought of this story because it's EXACTLY how I picture Harry in this AU. Hair and everything 😩

Anyways, who likes the new cover?

* * * * * * *

Gwen barely slept that night. Her head kept replaying the emptiness in Will's eyes the moment she saw his life end. Every time she closed her eyes and would begin to drift off, his face was there and she'd jolt wide awake with fear. She wanted to forget it, erase the memory from her mind but in a way she felt as if it were her punishment for disobeying Harry's orders. Even after Harry had told her he didn't blame her for what happened, she still blamed herself. It didn't matter what he said; the guilt would never go away.

She laid beside Harry on his bed now, her eyes focused on the ceiling while Harry's slow breaths were the only sound in the room. Surprisingly, he slept with ease but she had a feeling it had to do with all the crying he'd done. It must of drained him enough that not even his thoughts could keep him up. Gwen wished she was in the same position.

She turned her head and glanced at his sleeping face, her heart clenching when she saw his eyelashes resting atop his cheeks. His pink lips parted slightly while his arms hugged the pillow his head was resting on. His back rose and fell with each breath he took and she had the urge to hug his side. She refrained though, not knowing how he'd react if he woke up. He might of not yelled at her when she spoke with him earlier but she was anticipating him to snap at her soon.

As if knowing she were staring, he stirred in his sleep and before Gwen could look away, his green eyes caught hers. She stilled, her cheeks flushing at being caught and she waited to see what kind of mood he was in. He didn't look angry nor did he look happy. Just...tired.

"Why are you up so early?" He rasped in that low voice of his, sleepy eyes searching hers. "You haven't slept at all, have you?"

"How did you know?" She smiled in attempt to joke but Harry didn't even crack a grin. He shifted on the bed until he was laying on his side, facing her as he moved to lean on his elbow.

"You're not an early riser. I'm always awake before you." He pointed out and his eyebrows furrowed. "You couldn't sleep?"

Gwen hesitated, but then shook her head. Harry stared at her for a moment then glanced towards the door. Gwen did as well to see it was still dark out but the sun would be rising soon. "How come?"

She bit down on her lip and turned her head to look at Harry again, finding him staring down at her. She wondered if she should tell him the reason but by the way he was gazing at her so intensely, she was sure he already knew. "I keep seeing Will."

Harry was quiet for several long seconds that Gwen actually began to think maybe he wasn't going to respond. Her eyes flew back to the ceiling when his stare became too much and she shut her eyes momentarily. Only for them to fly right back open when she saw Will's face, again.