n i n e

Quick A/N

First off, I'm glad you guys seem to like the trailer! I worked hard on it so it's nice to see a positive response to it. I might make a better one in the future but as of now I'm gonna stick with that one.

Secondly, I wasn't going to address it but I'm seeing a few people comment the same thing and I just want to say that no, I will not be changing the 3rd person POV to 1st person. I'm sorry if that disappoints some of you or if you prefer the 1st person which I completely understand because I prefer it too when reading books, but when I first imagined this story in my head it was always in 3rd person. It's a fanfic yes, but it's also a fantasy, adventure, action, romance...and I kind of just picture the narration happening from an outside POV. I'm trying my best to portray what the characters are thinking and feeling and I really hope I'm succeeding but either way, I'm not changing the story to 1st person. I wouldn't be happy with it if I did. So to anyone who might have asked me to change it or wondered if I could, there's your answer. I'm sorry if you're not happy with that but you can either accept it and keep reading or you can stop now. But you'd be missing out on a really good ending if you did. 😉

Enjoy :)

* * * * * * * *

The silence that fell over the lost boys, Harry, and Gwen was deafening despite the sound of the waves softly rolling up on the shore. It lasted maybe a few seconds before the lost boys began to panic, looking to Harry for orders. Harry on the other hand, was frozen on the spot and the pirate ship was quickly approaching. He had been so consumed with the company of Gwen that he hadn't actually stopped to think of what he would do if the Pirates came looking for her. He kept putting it off and somewhere over the past few days he just...forgot about it. And now he wished he hadn't because he wasn't prepared for this. But It was the sound of Peter's voice and the realization that the pirates could possibly see them from this distance that snapped Harry out of his shock. His body tensed and he looked down at Gwen quickly, his expression serious and calm even though his heart was pounding too fast in his chest.

"Go back to camp." He ordered quickly.

"I-I don't know my way back yet." Gwen said, eyes darting across the sea to see the ship had gotten closer.

"She has no time anyways," Peter hurriedly chimed in, pulling out his makeshift sword from where he had it tucked in the strap of leaves he had across his chest. "He'll hear her running through the trees."

Harry didn't quite like the thought of her being nearby when the Pirates came but he knew Peter was right. She didn't know her way around the forest just yet and he'd hear the leaves cracking under her feet. He shook his head, running his fingers through his hair in agitation before letting out a breath and nodding. There was no time for him to dwell too much on it. "You're right." He looked back down at Gwen. "Go hide. Behind that rock," he pointed to a large rock that sat back near the edge of the trees. "Do not come out unless I tell you to."

Gwen nodded frantically and stumbled on her feet through the sand, kicking up some of it as she ran. Harry watched her disappear behind the rock and turned back to face the lost boys, eyes flickering over their panicked faces. "Don't look so frightened," he ordered, licking his lips and putting on a tough front even though he felt his stomach twisting. "They'll know something is up. Calm down, and don't speak a word. I'll do all the talking."

"What if they ask us if we've seen her?" It was Oscar who asked this and Harry assessed him. If there was anyone who would spill the news about Gwen, it was definitely him.