Three

Taylor managed to sneak into the hospital and caught her soulmate's scent. She quietly followed it, hoping no one would spot her. The only close call she had was from a nurse who emerged from Andrea's room. When the nurse was gone, she slipped inside the room and the sight she came to see broke her unbeating heating.

Her body was filled with bruises. Her left arm and right leg were in a cast, as well as her head. She moved closer as blood tears flowed down her cheeks.

Andrea's face was swollen. A black eye, a cut on her lip, and probably a broken nose. Her heartbeat was slow, her breathing shallow. And an oxygen mask was on her beautiful face to help her breathe while an IV was connected to her arm. The slow beep from the monitor and it took a lot of self-control not to destroy anything her eyes would see.

She sneaked out towards the storeroom. She looked for a syringe and hurried back to Andrea's room. She sat on the bed, their skins briefly touching. She reached her hand out, tracing her jaw with her fingertips.

Taylor opened the syringe packet and easily found her vein. She pierced her skin with its needle and pulled on the plunger rod. Red liquid poured inside the barrel and she didn't stop until it was full. Her puncture wound instantly healed as soon as she removed the needle. She took the IV catheter and injected it with the syringe in her hand. She pushed the rod and watched as her blood entered Andrea through the IV, and she could visibly see the improvement, her heartbeat became stronger, and her breathing normal.

She brushed her fingers on Andrea's forehead.

"Get well, my other half," she whispered before leaving through the window.

It was already dark but Taylor still decided to walk her way home. She was a couple of blocks from her house when she felt something. Or someone. She stopped in her tracks and looked over her shoulder.

"What do you want, Scott?"

A man snickered. She turned around to face him. "Well, what do you know, you could still feel my presence."

She raised her brow at him. "I am still a vampire."

"But a part human, too."

"Still a vampire."

"Still a freak."

She gritted her teeth. "What do you want? Clearly, you want something. You wouldn't follow me here just to chat."

"Can't I just pay the infamous hybrid a visit?"

"No. What do you want?"

"Oh, I was just wondering what you were doing in that hospital."

She snapped her eyes back at him, glaring. "It really wasn't your business."

"Maybe you're starting to be more human than you led us to believe," he sneered. "Or maybe you'd been feeding on those poor people in their deathbeds."

"I don't really see why you'd care for any of my business, Scott Dirgeice."

There was malice in his eyes as he took a step forward. "Oh, you know I care."

"You don't. Now, go back to your cave and live your undead life, and leave me alone."

She was about to walk away when the older vampire tackled her, pinning her to the ground.

"Get off me!" She yelled and pushed the man away but he didn't budge.

"Oh, come on, there are benefits to mating with a pureblood. I wonder if there is one mating with a halfbreed like you." He began to move his lower body, his lips on her neck. She shuddered at the contact as anger and disgust filled her being.