Suspense

Leo's POV

I swam as fast as I could to her. "You can't leave me." I said. "I'm sorry Leo." Saphire replied. She went under water.

I followed her. I grabbed her tail and she looked up at me. I brought her to the surface with me. "What are you doing?" She asked.

"I can't let you leave." I replied.

I wrapped my arms around her waist. "Leo I have to go. Mother will stop at nothing to get me back and her punishments are horrible." She said as she struggled to get away.

"I'm not letting you go." I whispered in her ear. All of a sudden she was pulled under water.

Saphire's POV

I looked down to see that mother was pulling me. "I told you not to take so long." She growled. "I'm sorry he wouldn't let me leave." I replied.

"Since you want to be with him more." She whispered. She stabbed a syringe into my arm. I was surrounded by white light.

I looked down to see that I had human legs. I didn't know how to use them. I realized that I couldn't breath.

I tried swimming up but my arms alone I couldn't go anywhere. Mother smiled and swam away.

Leo's POV

I took a few deep breaths and went under water. I was blinded by some bright light. Saphire had human legs. It was weird.

She tried swimming up but she didn't know how. Her mom smiled and swam away. I wrapped my arms around Saphire's waist and brought her to the surface.

She gasped and looked at me. "Why did you save me?" She asked.