51. Couple Who Runs Together.

Bryce:

Today is Sunday a day I normally use to relax and chill. We only have about two and a half weeks until we graduate which is crazy. I know I have all summer to relax but I also know that once I get to college that Sundays will either be to cram for a test or trying to cure a hangover. There is no in between. So I might as well take advantage of these Sundays that are free.

Our baseball season ended yesterday, we don't get to go to the championship. Which I am okay with I just wanted to play. Technically before I got several baseball scholarships I wanted to win because it would have been my last time playing for a team. But ever since I got offered the scholarships I am cool with how our season ended. We beat Will's team twice and knocked them out of the championship as well. So two birds one stone.

I am currently parked in Kenzie's driveway waiting for her to get her cute butt out here. Since the weather is finally getting warmer here in Denver we or should I say she decided that we should go for a run up in the trails. I think this might be code for 'we need to talk'. I am positive that we both got college acceptance letters in the mail so we need to talk about that. Yeah that has to be what this is. The last time we went on a run it was about prom. Prom, we didn't even go to by the way. Us, Harry, Avery, Beth, Matt, Molly and her date all went to a hotel and partied. We all got drunk and it was awesome. And no Kenzie and I didn't do anything, we were way to drunk.

I hear a knock on the window that shakes me from my thoughts. I see that it's my girl. I hit the unlock button for her to get in.

"Hey. I knocked for a minute. You good?" She asks sitting down in the seat.

"Yep. Just thinking. You?" I ask pulling out if her driveway and en route to the trails.

"Yeah." She nods. "I did some research on these trails and there is one that is suppose to be intense. Want to try it?" She asks looking at her phone.

"Sure." I say. I am slightly convinced that she is trying to kill me. She always picks the most treacherous and dangerous trails for us to run. Her stamina is way better than mine. I should remember that for later.

"Awesome." She says putting the address into the GPS on her phone.

About forty minutes later we arrive to the location. True to her word and the reviews, these trails looked every bit intense. All I see are trees and dirt roads that have signs up directing you which way to go. There is also a sign that says 'If you get to winded turn back immediately. Or call 911.'

I can't help but gulp, "Babe are you sure this is safe? That sign is pretty telling." I attempt to hide my fear but it doesn't work.

Kenzie gives me a smile, "Are you scared? Bryce we are athletes. We can do this. Please? All the reviews say the view is great we just gotta climb."

"I knew we shouldn't have watching that movie last night. I don't know why Timmy asked us to watch it with him." I scowl.

"It was either Hannah Montana: The Movie or Wreck-It Ralph." Kenzie shrugs.

I groan. Kenzie is obsessed with Wreck-It Ralph. I watch it with her every time it is on. She knows it word for word. At first it was cute but after about thirty times its more annoying than cute. But that is what you do for someone you care so much about.

"Alright, Dalton, lets do this." She smacks me on the ass then takes off running.

"Hey!" I yell then run after her.

A million miles later or fifteen miles depending on if you're a Kenzie or a Bryce, we make it to the top. I can see why people push themselves to get to the top. It is gorgeous. You can see so far into the woods. You can actually see a lot of Denver.