47. You're Killing Me.

Bryce:

"Are you sure we should do this now?" I nervously ask Kenzie.

"If we don't do it now, we will never do it." She says.

"It hasn't been that long. It can wait a little while longer. I am in no hurry." I reassure her.

Kenzie rolls her eyes, "It won't be that bad. Once we do it, we will feel so much better. In fact, a weight will be lifted off our shoulders."

"If you say so." I cave giving her a kiss on the cheek.

Kenzie smiles at the gesture. "It will be fine. I'm sure they will be happy for us."

Kenzie and I have been dating for two weeks now and are currently about to tell our friends for the first time. I am a nervous wreck. I have enjoyed us being in our own little bubble. Just us two. But in about ten minutes everyone will surely know.

Kenzie grabs my hand and interlaces her fingers with mine then squeezes which instantly calms me down. We decided to do this at Rocky's Diner, a public place in case one of them decides to yell at us.

"Here they come." Kenzie says nodding to the entrance.

We wave them over to us.

"Hey you two." Avery greets first. Something by the look on her face tells me that she knows exactly what is about to go down.

"Harry get over here. You can order in a minute." Avery scolds her boyfriend who huffs and comes to sit down.

"Why are we here on a Sunday afternoon, when I could be in bed?" Beth grumbles. She has been moody all weekend. I think her friend is visiting.

"Well..we have something to tell you all." I reply.

"Go on." Molly urges.

Kenzie sighs, "Bryce and I are dating."

All four of our friends just stare at us like we've grown three heads.

"Did I say it out loud?" Kenzie whispers to me.

"You did." I nod. "Hey. Did you hear her? We are dating. Like boyfriend and girlfriend. Kissing, holding hands, dates. That kind of dating." I say.

Harry is the first to speak, "Have you two done it yet?" Avery hits him in the gut to which he hisses.

"Harry Parker!" Avery shouts.

Beth leans forward with her elbows on the table, "Have you guys though you know..had sex yet?" She waggles her eye brows.

I roll my eyes at their stupidity, "No we haven't. We are taking things slow."

"How slow?" Molly questions.

"Slow enough to not be having sex, yet slow enough to enjoy a make out session." Kenzie winks.

"Sounds like a good deal." Molly nods.

"How long have to been dating?" Avery asks.

"Two weeks yesterday." I mentally give myself a pat on the back for remembering.

Harry's eyes widen with realization, "After the game where Will beat you up and Kenzie helped you? And you two asked me to cover for you."
Wow I didn't think he would get it so fast.

"Yep. We asked each other at like 1am that night." Kenzie says.

"Does anyone else know? Mom and Dad or Kenzie's parents?" Beth asks.

"Nope. You all are the first to know." I say.

"Well...Monica knows. Only because she sort of caught us kissing in my driveway." Kenzie blushes, resting her head on my shoulder.