13.Ice cream & movies.

Kenzie:

"You ladies look like you're ready to go destroy the competition." Beth said over the phone. Avery and I were on the bleachers waiting for our soccer game to begin and facetiming Beth.

"We got our game faces on." Avery said.

"I so cannot wait to be back on the field with you two. I miss playing so much." Beth admitted.

"You will be home soon..ish." I tried comforting her.

"Try twelve weeks." Beth whined.

"Don't they play soccer there?" Avery asked.

"It's called football here. The people that play in the park aren't exactly welcoming to new comers." Beth said sadly.

Avery and I gave her a look of sympathy.

"How are things going with Bryce, Kenz?" Beth asked.

A small smile tried to make its way to my face but I held it down. "It is going good. He's learning a lot."

"And how are you doing?" Was her next question. I thought about how I was doing recently.

"I'm actually doing better. Just trying to be happy. This one is helping out a lot." I said pointing to Avery.

"Yeah. Ave told me about your whole make out session at Jeff's party. Ooh La La." Beth giggled.

"Okay. We were drunk." I said.

"You still made out with someone. We can't get our hopes up. She and Drew friendzoned each other." Avery laughed.

"Shepherd! Wilson!" We heard our coach yell.

"We got to go Beth." I said.

"Love you ladies. Good luck!" Beth bid. We ended the call and ran to the field for warm ups.

********

Our soccer game ended at 4:50. We won. Avery and I both got beat up pretty good. I always say 'battle scars are evidence of a great game'. A great game it was. We only have three games left until the halfway point. We get November, December and two weeks of January off from games. But go back to practice after Christmas break.

I went home took a shower then headed over to Bryce's house to study.

Mrs.Dalton let me in when I got there. She said Bryce was running an errand for her but would be back any minute.

"Hey Kenzie!" I heard a little voice that I knew belonged to Timmy.

I crouched down to his level and ruffled his curly brown hair. "Hey buddy. How are you feeling?" Bryce told me that Timmy caught the chicken pox at school.

"I'm still itchy! Mommy said that I can't go to school until the spots are gone." He pouted.

"Aw. I'm sorry." I pouted back.

"Are you here to see bubby?" He asked.

"Yep. But just between you and me, I'd rather come see you." I smiled. Timmy giggled.

"I heard that." Bryce said coming into the living room.

"Bubby! Did you get my ice cream?" Timmy said jumping up and down on the couch.

Bryce sat on the other side of Timmy on the couch. "I did. Got three different kinds." He said pulling out the cartons of ice cream.

Timmy clapped his hands, his green eyes lit up "Thank you Bryce!" He gave his big brother a hug. Bryce hugged him back. My heart melted.