4. Shopping and News

It was now Thursday and the start of school was Monday, and I still hadn't gone shopping. When I woke up I texted Beth asking her if she wanted to go shopping, she immediately responded with a yes. So here we were at the local mall shopping our hearts out, well I was. Beth had already done her shopping. Four hours and trying on a ton of clothes later I officially had eight bags and spent enough money. Not that I needed to go shopping I just like to have a variety of clothes in my closet. My style varies from day to day and I can never have to many workout clothes for cheer and soccer.

I suggested to Beth that we get some lunch, she agreed so we left the mall and went to an Italian restaurant which was my favorite. After getting a table and placing orders then the waiter brought them out to us. I was enjoying my grilled Chicken Alfredo. I noticed that Beth wasn't really eating her food, something was off with her today. She had a look on her face that told me she was hiding something.

"Beth, is everything okay? You look like you're having a battle with your brain right now," I mentioned.

She set down her fork and sighed, "There's something I kind of run need to by you," she admitted. I nodded for her to continue. "You remember back in January I applied to a music program in London?" I once again nodded. "A couple of weeks ago I got an email from them saying that they really liked my playing." Back when I found out that I was in the running to get into the most elite cheer camp in the country, Beth had applied to spend the summer at a music school in London, but she never heard anything from then that is until now. I was gonna go to Orlando, Beth was gonna go to London and Avery had been accepted to a elite soccer camp for the summer. Beth was the only one who didn't get accepted.

"What else did the email say?" I asked.

She took a deep breath, "They want me to come study there."

I furrowed my eyebrows "It's a little late for them to be wanting you to come study. I mean summer is pretty much over, school starts in four days." I stated.

Running a hand through her brown hair she replied "I know. They want me to come study there this semester."

I looked at her confused, "Um what? This semester? What about school?"

"They said that I will be taking the courses that I would be taking here. The credits I get from there will roll over to my transcript. This is an amazing opportunity for me, I can put this on my college applications and can help raise my chance of getting into Julliard." she explained. Beth had been taking piano and violin lessons since she was five and was remarkably good. I knew this was an amazing opportunity for her, Julliard was her dream school.

"What did your parents, Bryce, Timmy and Avery say about this?" I questioned.

"They all say I should take this chance. Bryce said he would miss me but understands that this is a step towards my dream. Timmy said that he won't like me being gone for that long and hates that he will be stuck with Bryce, but wants me to learn to play more beautiful music," she smiled. Timmy was Bryce and Beth's seven year old brother and he loved hearing her play her instruments.

"When do you leave? How long will you be gone for?" I asked concerned.

"I'll only be gone for the first half of the school year, I come back during Christmas break. And um..I leave Saturday morning."

I choked on my drink. "Saturday morning!"

Beth nodded, "Yeah. I have a eleven am flight. Kenz, I need to know that you are okay with me leaving."

"Beth, I think you should go. I'm not going to be someone who stands in the way of your dream. You supported me when I went to Orlando and I'll support you going to London." I replied. When I found out that I had got accepted the the cheer camp, I made sure that Beth and Avery were okay with me going, they were. So how could I not do the same for Beth. "You're going to London, Ave and I will be fine, but you better be ready to play soccer when you get back. We're aiming to be back to back champs."