Chapter 8: John's Awakening

Start from the beginning

Matt yelped in surprise as he realized that they only had a meager twenty minutes before the potion's effect was permanent.

"Jonathon. Why don't you celebrate this joyous moment; and take your little "girlfriend" for a walk?" Gary smiled and looked coldly at Jessica.

John suddenly grabbed Jessica and swung her over his shoulder. Jessica screamed. Lindsay ran over and punched John in the stomach. He gasped but didn't put Jessica down, then threw Lindsay at a tree. Matt hurled fire balls at John, but John dodged easily.

As Lindsay's back hit the tree, she slumped to the ground unconscious. John then ran off into the forest. Jessica screamed and hit him, but it didn't do any good. The last thing she saw was Gary firing blasts of dark magic at Matt, who was trying to run after her.

"John, you have to wake up! You're under a spell! It's me Jessica, put me down!" Jessica yelled.

John just kept running until they reached another clearing in the woods. John set Jessica down and took out some rope and tied her hands together, than tied the end of the rope to a tree. Jessica screamed with tears in her eyes as John pulled out a knife.

Jessica tried to run, but the rope that bound her hands only let her run a few feet around the tree.

John smiled coldly, "There is only another ten minutes before I can join my brother, and take care of that friend I called Matt."

Jessica began crying and screaming as John took another step closer to her with the knife. He took a swipe at her, but she dodged it. It was hard for Jessica to dodge while only being able to move a few feet, and with her hands tied. John took a few more swipes at her, but she managed to dodge them.

"John, please don't do this!" Jessica cried. For a moment, John's red eyes flickered to their usual bright green before turning red again.

Then Jessica remembered the second antidote. "If I can somehow convince John to fight the potion's effect, he may be able to free himself. I've only got five minutes to do this, or I'll surely be killed." Jessica thought. "John, you're under a spell, you have to try and fight it! Matt is battling Gary, and Lindsay is unconscious! We need you back John!" Jessica yelled.

John's eyes flickered to green again then red. "It's working! But I've only got four minutes left!" Jessica thought. "John, I know you're fighting it! C'mon you're almost free!" Jessica yelled in encouragement.

John's eyes stayed red this time. "Uh oh, why didn't it work this time?" Jessica thought worriedly. "...Like you care" John said coldly.

"What are you talking about?" Jessica asked.

"You probably told Matt to tell me that you liked me just to hurt me." John said bitterly, and then continued, "I don't have time for your childish games Jessica."

"Matt told you that I like you?" Jessica asked confused.

"Don't play dumb. Stop toying with my emotions." John said his voice full of hatred. Suddenly John grabbed Jessica's bound wrists, and held her still.

"Goodbye Jessica." He said, his red eyes still blazing.

"He thinks I'm toying with his emotions? How can I be? Wait, he'd only say that if he liked me back-!" The thought suddenly hit Jessica just as John walked toward her with the knife raised. She realized that she only had about a minute left before he would be permanently under Gary's spell.

"Any last words Jessica?" John asked still holding her hands together and raising the knife above her heart.

"I hope this works, it's my last chance." Jessica thought before saying, "Just these four; I love you John." Jessica said before leaning in and kissing John's cheek. She held her breath and waited for the knife to strike her, but it never did. John was still holding her wrists, when Jessica looked up at him. His eyes were their normal green, but the rest of his face was the darkest shade of red she'd ever seen.