Chapter 8: John's Awakening

Chapter Eight, John's Awakening

Jessica closed her eyes tightly as soon as she saw John lunge at her neck.

She opened her eyes suddenly, wondering what had stopped John.

Something red splashed on her cheek and she looked up.

Her eyes widened as she saw what had stopped John's fangs from sinking into her neck.

Matt's arm was in John's mouth, and blood was trickling down Matt's arm.

Matt's face was twisted in pain, as he wrenched his arm out of John's mouth.

Jessica realized that Matt must have somehow ran over at the last second, and thrust his arm in the path of John's fangs.

Matt then grabbed John's tail and pulled him off Jessica.

Matt used his other arm to summon a ball of fire and John wheeled around to see who had pulled him off Jessica.

Jessica rose to her feet and saw Lindsay standing a few behind her with a rock in her left hand, ready to hurl at John if need be.

"Johnny, don't do this." Matt said holding his ball of fire.

John leapt at Matt's arm, which was coated in red blood.

Before John came in contact with Matt, Lindsay hurled the rock she was holding at John's head. The rock collided with John's skull and he howled in pain.

"Lindsay, throw me the potion quick!" Matt yelled to Lindsay as John wheeled around facing Lindsay. Lindsay threw the potion to Matt, who caught it and yelled, "Hey Johnny, over here!"

John snarled and jumped into the air, ready to land on Matt with snapping jaws.

John opened his mouth wide as he showed his long fangs, coated in Matt's blood.

Just as John was about to land on Matt, Matt unscrewed the potion, and tossed it toward John's open jaws. The potion sailed through the air, perfectly aimed at John's open mouth. The potion was mere centimeters from John's mouth, suddenly before it landed in his mouth; a hand reached out and grabbed it out of the air.

"No!" Matt yelled as John landed on him and snapped at his face.

Lindsay suddenly jumped on John's back and smacked his head, while Jessica pulled his tail as hard as she could.

"Well, isn't this cute?" said the unmistakable voice of Gary. "Jonathon, get off the red head and come here." Gary commanded.

John leapt off Matt and walked to his brother's side. "Good dog, now turn into your human form." Gary said menacingly. John turned human, and stood at his brother's side, then wiped the blood off his mouth. Matt had stood up by this time and was standing protectively in front of Lindsay and Jessica with a ball of fire in his hand.

"Ah, John didn't play nicely I see." Gary laughed eyeing Matt's blood coated arm. Gary gestured to the unscrewed bottle of potion he'd caught in midair. "I see you losers somehow got the antidote to the spell John is under, too bad you went to all that trouble for nothing." Gary smiled coldly, before pouring the bottle of blue potion on to the ground.

"No!" Lindsay, Jessica and Matt yelled in unison.

Gary laughed and patted his brother's head, "No betraying me, right Jonathon?"

Jessica watched John, he didn't even seem to be listening to anything anyone said except Gary, and his eyes were turning a deeper red colour. Gary smiled and said, "Red always was a nice colour on you Jonathon, and in a matter of minutes it will be permanent." Gary said smiling icily.