"B-b-but-"

"And, we're here! Good luck, kid." The driver interrupted and looked over his shoulder to see Daisy with a more than earful expression on her face. He unhelpfully added, "you're gonna need it."

Once they drove up to the large metal gates, the driver reached out of his window to press a button on the side of the wall, making it buzz, before speaking into the intercom. "Hey, mate. Let us in will ya'? Got the new girl with us."

There was a crackling through the speaker and then the person responded with a laugh, "you're kidding me! I thought that was just a rumour. Well, come in."

The metal gates opened, allowing them to drive through and into the compound. She couldn't help but look behind her and out of the back window where she watched the gates close behind her, locking her into the prison. Her eyes followed the gates and saw that it was connected to large stone walls, surrounding the whole area with large spikes at the top, preventing people from climbing over.

Too distracted, she didn't notice her door was opened until an arm yanked her out of the car. It was the blonde guy dragging her away without a word, making the metal dig into her wrists. They were already a little too tight so she was sure they were going to leave marks.

The driver drove off once Dave was out of the car too, leaving them in the cold air. She was, again, harshly pulled forward, indicating her to start walking. The cemented path they were walking along was right beside the large yard that was lined with tall metal fences. Daisy was slightly shocked to see it as it looked like something to hold animals in a zoo. There were, however, a few metal benches littered around.

She tried not to look for too long as there were a plethora of people, either wearing the same orange jumpsuits she wore or a grey sweatpants and top, walking around in the grassy yard. Many stopped to look at her and many more chose to shout crude words as soon as they got over the shock of having her there.

Daisy squeezed her eyes tightly shut, willing herself not to cry and to also avoid their hostile eyes. She heard something hitting metal and creating a loud sound so she opened her eyes to see a prison officer hitting a baton on the fence that a crowd of prisoners had formed close to. "Hey! Back up inmates! Back up!" he yelled to them.

She accidentally made eye contact with a heavily pierced man that held a sinister smile and creepy eyes, unmoving from her own. He didn't seem fazed by the officer yelling at him and only continued to stare at her until he finally looked away and moved from the fence. The hairs on the back of her neck raised and goosebumps formed on her pale skin, only some as a result of the cold.

Finally, they reached inside of the building and was met with a larger man in a suit. His stature held authority so Daisy assumed this the the governor, who ran the prison. He gave her a warm smile and held his hand out for a handshake, only to retract it instantly as he saw her chained hands. She gave him an awkward smile in return.

"Hello, Daisy. I'm Governor Jeremy." He said and looked at the two officers by her side. "I'll take it from here boys. Thanks." The tight grip on her arm was released as soon as the governor said the words.

"Yes, sir." They replied and walked away, not before Dave gave her a small encouraging smile.

"Let's get going shall we? I'll show you to your cell." Daisy almost expected him to say room. She cursed herself for getting distracted by their friendly smiles. She was only a prisoner to them and she shouldn't forget it.

Surprisingly, he didn't grab her arm and just walked forward, expecting her to follow, which she did instantly. Daisy realised that he wasn't worried she would do anything and it wasn't as if she could escape. Either way, she appreciated the false freedom given to her.