Long Live the Dragon Alpha!

Hiccup POV

"WHHAT?!!" I looked at the terror mails, accumulated after a week. It had only been one week and yet the Gods thought that at this time, everything will come crashing down. I slammed down on my desk in frustration, yelling out in anger. Why now?!  I breathed slowly through my nose, closing my eyes in an attempt to calm my breathing. I opened my eyes once again, accepting the events that transpired. We don't have much time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Kronos!" I landed in the clearing. It was the biggest field we have in the heart. The green tall grasses parted to a dry dirt path, leading to a blue lake. With Toothless, I walked slowly on the path, preparing what I need to say. Though, I can imagine that he already knows. I stopped before the lake shore.  "We need to talk."

At first, nothing happened. The lake was undisturbed, the grasses were swaying with the wind. Then, the lake splashed, the water separating to reveal a large dragon, coming from the dark abyss. It was a brown dragon, covered by green leaves around its body, almost resembling an aged tree. "It's nice to see you again too, griõ."

Kronos is the Alpha of this dragon nest. He is an old dragon, revealed he is several generations old. Though he had told me that he is not the oldest dragon I would ever meet. He is the wisest dragon I ever met and the most magical. After all, he is responsible for the lush life of the dragon nest. He is essentially the life of the forest and I made it my job to protect him and all those that coexist with him. It was a surprise to know that I can speak to Kronos though his voice is only in my head rather his own mouth. He said that this gift comes with age and most dragons can learn if they live up to his lifetime.

"You knew about it," I said in a deadpan voice. Toothless playfully hit me with his tail, repeating my speaking. Calm down. So, I stayed quiet, waiting for Kronos' response. Krono's amber eyes stared at me, his expression emotionless. Then, in a fraction of a second, his eyes shone brightly and his voice was playful.

"Yes, griõ. But you were going through something. I didn't want to bother you." Baby dragons started popping up from the water in bubbles, bringing them back to the surface. Leave it to Kronos to be playing with the children. I petted the little dragon, making them purr and nuzzle me. I frowned at Kronos' all-knowing nature. I can never understand it, but he always seems to know where I am or what I'm doing. He also had the ability to know the future, but he never uses if he can nor does he ever tell me. Learn to accept what's to come, he said.

"Sometimes I don't like you invading my privacy like that." Kronos let out a warm rumble of laughter, revealing his sharp canines. The baby dragons proceeded to Kronos, flying over his head and playing on the top of his head. It made him domestic, despite the wisdom he had accumulated.

"Oh don't be bitter. I'm not afraid of what's to come. You will do what's right."  I growled when I said that, putting my hand to my forehead. Kronos always say that and the last time I trusted his words, I had escaped death by the teeth. It almost brought the whole Dragon Nest down.

"You don't know that! God, I'm so nervous! " I sank my hands into my face, groaning into oblivion. What are we gonna do? Toothless sank his head into my rib cage, making me sunk in a painful breath. I forgot about the broken ribs. I saw Kronos exchange a look with Toothless, making me worried.

"Of what? We'll be fine. You have allies." Kronos gave a toothy smile, making me even more exasperated.

"What are you talking about?" Toothless slowly nudged me into Kronos direction, not noticing what he was trying to do.