Awake

HICCUP POV

Where am I? I reached out to anyone, not knowing where I was going. There was no light, just darkness. I looked for Toothless, not knowing where he was. I turned around, relieved when I saw him. I ran to him. But as I kept running, I couldn't reach him. Then, the image of Toothless disappeared and it was Toothless again, but bound and muzzled by Berkians.

"Toothless!" I tried to run faster, my heart beating loudly in my chest. I still couldn't reach him. Then, while I was running, I saw dad come with an ax in his hands, ready to strike.

TOOTHLESS!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stood up quickly, my forehead slick with sweat and my heart beating out of its chest. I looked around, recognizing that it was my own room.

Toothless. Where is he?!? I looked around quickly, relieved to see that his head was resting on the bedside. HIs eyes were closed, sleeping and snores were heard in light rumbles. I stroked Toothless's head gently and smiled at the snorting response he made in his sleep. He's alive. I let out a breath I realized I was keeping.

I tried to stand up, but a sharp pain made me go down on the bed. My hands reached out toward the injuries, feeling the bandages on my arm and on my stomach. I grimaced at my stomach. Stoick must have broken a rib or two. I glanced at the yawning sound coming from Toothless. His eyes opened, hazy and looking directly at me. 1......2.......3........

Toothless lunged at me, his tail wagging and his eyes open in obvious joy. I laughed while he was pawing at me with mischief and dig his head in my chest. I hugged around his head, happy to see him still so energetic.

"Yeah, I miss you too, bud," I said while hugging him tightly. He crooned before licking me all over. I grimaced in the drool and sat up quickly, shaking it off.

"Gosh, bud you know that doesn't wash off!" I said while flicking the drool at Toothless. The reptile let out a laugh before wiping the slobber off with his paws. I rolled my eyes, finally standing up and noticing my flight suit and weapon on the chair beside me. I dressed in my flight suit quickly, taking my Inferno weapon with me and hooking it back to my thigh. Then, I wore the black leather cloak with my flight suit.

I looked around once more. My room hasn't changed. The thin layer of dust on the desk was a sign that no one has stepped in here for at least three years. I contemplated on that thought for a minute before shrugging nonchalantly. It is not my business anymore.

I turned to Toothless, who was busy pawing on a patch of floor. I patted him on the head to get him to look at me. He stared at me with a toothy grin and big eyes before following me behind. I opened the window of my former room, looking out. It was still before dawn, no one up yet. I glanced behind at Toothless and grinned before climbing up to the roof. Sure enough, Toothless followed after and sat next to me on the roof. We were just sitting, staring at the sea and watching the sunset go up slowly. The sunset was still beautiful at Berk. I guess that was one thing that I miss from my home village.

I sighed before lying down on the roof. I stared at Toothless, licking his paws.

"What are we gonna do bud?" Toothless stopped licking and looked at me curiously. He garbled a reply before shrugging his shoulders. I don't know.

"Well, I need to make a new tail." I said, gesturing to Toothless's tail. He snorted in agreement.

"And even worse, everyone knows who I am now." Toothless gave me a sarcastic look and shrugged before laying back down. It was gonna happen anyway. That was the look Toothless gave me. It hurts that after three years, I can basically read my dragon's mind.