22

josh's eyes widened as he watched the life drain out of tyler.

he yelled frantically for the doctors to come in and do something.

he came in and called for several people to come in. josh didn't really know what they were saying or what they were doing because all he could do was stare at tyler. he couldn't breathe.

this was all his fault.

he just sat there, tears streaming down his face. he watched as the doctor shocked tyler's body with the defibrillator in an attempt to revive him.

"clear!" the doctor yelled as he did it again.

"please.." josh whispered, shutting his eyes.

the doctor did this several times more, all the while josh was silently begging anything and anyone for tyler to come back. hell, he didn't even care if tyler forgave him right then. he just wanted him back.

josh noticed the doctor stop and sigh heavily. he started to panic more, if that was even possible.

"w-why isn't he.." he trailed off.

"sir, i'm so sorry, he's not going to make-" the doctor was cut off by the sound of the machine beeping. both josh and the doctor quickly looked over to see the line moving up and down again like it had before.

josh let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. he whispered thank you to no one in particular before he took hold of tyler's hand and intertwined their fingers.

"mr. dun, if anything else happens call me in right away. the nurses and i will be back soon to check up on him and his vitals." the doctor left the room.

josh brought tyler's hand up to his face and kissed his knuckles.

"i'm so s-sorry ty." he whispered as he laid his forhead on his boyfriend's cool hand.

"i didn't mean for any of this to happen. i-i'm so fucking stupid. i'm so so sorry." josh was crying again. he wasn't sure if tyler could even hear him, but he continued anyway.

"e-every time i said i loved you, i meant it and i still mean it. i love you so much tyler. i'm so sorry i let you think for even a second that i don't. please wake up. please, please just say something. "

but no matter how many times josh begged and pleaded, he heard nothing from the comatose boy.

[ heyo! my good friend jen poppinpellegrino  wrote this for me because idk how to write hospital shit so yeah!]