20

josh dragged tyler to a party - something for them to do. to leave the house.
it was his close friend jenna's party. her and josh had been friends since 5th grade.
it started slow. 20 or so people, little amounts of alcohol.
tyler didn't want to leave josh's side, but before he knew it, josh was off talking to friends.
tyler didn't blame him, though. he rarely got a chance to talk to his peers.
he wandered around searching for josh, although, it wasn't his priority.
josh had been drinking a lot, an hour and a half had passed and josh was already intoxicated.
tyler finally found josh,
but when he did,
he wished he hadn't ever found him.

josh's lips were drunkenly pressed against a mans lips.
"i love you." josh slurred to the man.
tyler's heart stopped.
he felt the tears coming. he just wanted to cry and cry until there were no more tears.
joshua william dun, the boy who saved tyler from his darkest times, the one who said he only loved tyler, was kissing somebody else and saying "i love you."
josh pulled away and saw tyler.
tyler ran outside as fast as he could, and sat on the curb and stared blankly at the stars, with silent tears running down his soft, pale face.
"ty, hey, listen." josh's words were slurred and uneasy.
"don't call me that." tyler hissed.
"call you what?"
"ty. don't call me that." tyler regretted his words. josh's nickname for him made him feel special.
"i didn't mean it." josh softly said, reaching for tyler. "i didn't mean the kiss."
tyler quickly pushed away josh's hand. "you are hurting me so fucking much, josh. you said i was the only one! was your love real? was anything real? you meant the fucking world to me! and you still do! im sorry for loving you. im sorry for being such a burden!" tyler screamed, his sobs intensifying.
within the blink of an eye, josh reached his hand, and slapped tyler across the face.
"wake the fuck up! i love you more than anything, tyler! don't be so selfish! i love you!" josh yelled right back.
tyler's eyes widened. his tears stopped.
all he felt was pure anger.
he ran and ran, away from that stupid boy and that stupid house with all of those stupid people.
he never wanted to see those mocha eyes again.
or hear a word that came out of his lips that tasted of cinnamon and mint.
he ran and ran until his legs tired.

all he felt was pure hatred for everyone and everything around him.
he felt suffocated, like someone had poured cement into his lungs.
he wanted to leave.
anywhere but this town.
anything but this life.