4

tyler's pov

we walked to the coffee shop together. i ordered black coffee.
"black? you seriously drink your coffee black?" he shivered.
"yeah. it doesn't taste that bad." i replied, sipping my coffee.
"tyler, you are crazy." he chuckled. he held out his brightly colored drink for me to try. "it's a cotton candy frappé. try it." the drink was sugary and tasted like whip cream.
"it's okay. i don't like it that much." josh shrugged.
"what do you wanna do now?" he asked.
"we can't go to your house or dylan will see me, but anything else is okay with me."
"what's the thing between you and dylan?" he ran a hand through his hair.
"ill explain it when we aren't in public." my eyes lit up. "come on, ill take you to my place."
i dragged him behind me. i was walking to the graveyard.
we arrived 10 minutes after that. i spotted my tree. "that tree, right there." i showed him my ex-boyfriends headstone. it was a foot away from my tree.
Elijah Ray Summers
1992-2015
Brother, son, and boyfriend.
josh looked at me with sadness in his eyes. he squeezed my shoulder and i looked at him. "this was our tree. eli was a friend of dylan's. eli truly did love me. he always put me before himself. dylan convinced him that for his birthday, they were going to go to a strip club as a joke. dylan wrecked the car on the way there, and eli died. days later, dylan told me he loved me and wanted to go out with me and i panicked and said yes. he hurts me constantly and doesn't love me. i can't leave him. i don't want to. he's all i have. he's my only connection to eli. i miss him josh, i really do." i looked up at him. he had tears in his eyes and he held my hand. he knew it was hard for me. we sat under me and eli's tree for a long time until josh knew i was okay.
just like elijah used to.

[Hello! This was written at 6 am, so there is probably lots of errors.]