19

the whole ride home was silent. tyler fidgeted with his sweater sleeves. he felt as though he ruined the whole day. and he constantly replayed the situation in his head. each time, it made him grow more nervous. he never wanted to see dylan's sick smirk again.
they pulled into the driveway. tyler felt like he could crawl in bed and never get back up. he was exhausted. physically, and mentally.

tyler woke up at three am. he lied there awake for 30 minutes, and then finally, decided to take a walk.
he carefully maneuvered himself out of joshes tight grip.
the cold air hit his face and he smiled to himself.
he used his phones flashlight and the street lights to navigate his way around.
he decided he would walk to the forest - it was one of his favorite places.
it was an extremely calming place. he loved to sit there and contemplate his feelings.
it took him a while to get there, but when he arrived, he felt more at ease then ever.
and that's when it finally hit tyler.
out of nowhere.
josh genuinely loved him ;
it wasn't fake. they both shared the same feelings.
it was that simple.
he wasn't alone.
somebody cared about him.
for real this time.
he sat alone for about an hour and then decided to head back home.

although he felt like he was already at home.