27

mark had just finished his third day at his new job. he was waiting at the front doors for jackson to come and pick him up. today had been one of the longest, possibly because he had gotten just about four hours of sleep. he and jackson had decided to stay up and watch movies, solely because jackson insisted, and mark can't say no. it was is fault, but it was worth it.

mark smiled, recalling the previous nights activities. his life was going great. his phone buzzed in his hand, which probably meant that jackson was there to get him. he looked at the phone, not recognizing the number. hm.

he didn't worry about the random text, and continued to wait. no more than 5 minutes later, the younger was in front of mark's workplace. it was raining, so mark ran, opening the door and practically jumping into the car.

"hello beautiful. how was work today?" jackson asked, handing shivering mark his jacket.

the older took the offering and answered, "long. how was yours?"

"boring, but i have a surprise for you!" he said, kissing the other on the cheek.

mark smiled at the younger, wondering silently what the other had randomly decided to give him. all mark really needed was jackson, food, and water, and yet he was always supplied with so much more. he couldn't be more thankful.

the two drove in peaceful silence, and occasionally hummed a tune. they stopped for food. after that, they got to the appartment building, and went up to jackson's apartment.

"now," jackson started. "i wanted us to be more like a family, so i decided we need another member."

mark immediately panicked. adoption? how could they handle a baby? they're only-

mark's worries were washed away when the door opened and he was greeted with a small, grey pitbull puppy.

"jackson-" mark started, "i- wh- thank you!" he hugged the other tightly, and held back his tears of happiness. as soon as mark let go of jackson, he picked up the small animal, hugging it to his chest.

"her name is bella, she's 5 months." jackson explained, petting her head.

they spent the rest of the day playing with the new family member.