I gave her a sympathetic look."Is that common?"

"Only for girls like us Becca," she sighed. "You won't find the Erics and the Turners of the world doing this kind of stuff."

Even though it sucked that this was a woman's job, it felt kind of relieving knowing that Eric didn't have to pretend to like people on his missions. Even if it was just pretend, the thought still made me jealous. "Well, I guess someone's got to do it," I replied grimly.

On a good note, at least I wasn't repulsed by Brad - I didn't even really feel that afraid of him. He'd simply asked me on a date and I just needed to spend a bit of time with him to get closer to uncovering an answer on this case. I felt kind of bad using him in this way, but he seemed like the kind of guy that had probably dated a heap of girls and could get over it easily.

Cassie continued eating her apple and we made light conversation for another few minutes until she finished and threw her apple core in the bin nearby and stood up.

"You and Eric have more training now but later in the afternoon, come see me and we'll get you ready okay?" she informed me as she smoothed out her jacket.

"Okay," I stood up. "Skinny jeans and a sweater." I reminded, pointing at her.

"Fine." She laughed in response.

After I had left her office, I headed back to the gym for training with Eric. We had spent the entire morning doing combat fighting but now it looked like Eric was ready to spend the whole afternoon lecturing me and preparing me for this date.

"So remember, fighting is only used in self-defense and when needing to escape in a-"

I cut him off. "You know this is just a simple date right?" I told him, in the same way I had reminded Cassie several times. "I doubt there'll be any attacking happening."

"You always have to be ready." he replied simply.

"What about you?" I asked, "You have any missions tonight or anything?"

He shrugged. "I think it's probably best I focus on this one tonight."

I lifted my head in amusement. "You're really putting a lot of effort in this mission, huh?"

"I've just never seen a high school case like this before. We'd usually be able to catch the dealer in no more than a week but whoever is behind this drug deal is cunning. And aggressive." He added referring to the attack.

"Well, there's two of them, right? I mean, we got attacked by two people that night." I said.

He nodded his head, "Perhaps," he began pacing "or maybe it's just one person controlling everything and they had a helper, It's a smart idea." he stopped pacing.

It was an interesting theory because after all, how many people did it take to deal drugs?

"Hey lets, not give them too much credit, these are the same people that named a drug 'Naughty Time'," I said laughing.

Eric laughed with me and I stopped, gazing at him.

"What?" he asked, noticing me stare.

"Nothing," I answered quickly. "It's just that I've noticed you don't really smile that much. That's probably gotta be the most genuine one I've seen yet."

He looked down at the floor still holding a small smile before his face returned serious again. He lifted his head up and looked back at me.

"We need to move on to weapons." he instructed.

"I'm not going to need any tonight right? It's just a date." I repeated. I felt like I had been saying that a lot today. It's just a date. Everyone around me was treating it like it was a suicide mission or in Cassie's case, an actual date.