Chapter 4 ~ The Return of Link

^^^ "IDFC ~ BlackBear" (This one will probably get you into your feelings...)

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Ive lost track of days and months since I have been here in Dark Links Castle but It isn't at all from what I expected. I expected that Dark link would stay cooped up in his room all day and all night leaving me alone and probably calling his maids to attend him. I also expected that I would stay in my room all day reading books by the fireplace and crying myself to sleep. Its exactly the opposite.

  Dark Link told me that he used to spend time doing nothing all day but ever since I arrived he is always up and about hanging out with me almost everyday. I like the company and I think he does too. We do almost everything together, anything you can think of. We glided across the ball room floor pretending it was a ice rink. The laughter stopped when Dark Link slipped falling on top of me, breaking my leg. That sucked because I couldn't do anything but Dark Link was always by my side. Eventually It healed and we went back like how we were. Everything was going well until an unexpected someone decided to show up all of a sudden.

I was sitting next to Dark Link on the mini sofa by the fireplace in my room reading a book out loud when there was abrupt knock interrupting my reading.

"What do you want?!" Dark frustratingly said.

"Master, A certain someone would like to see (Y/N)." Angelica said through the door.

"Who is this someone?"  I put my book down and got up.

"Im not sure. He wont say his name but he demands to see (Y/N)."

Dark Link growled.

"Its alright Dark. You can stay here, I'll be back." I gave him a reassuring smile and walked over to the door and opened it.

I made my way over to the entrance of the castle with Angelica following behind me. Sliding down the railing of the grand stair case someone who I didn't recognize called my name.

"(Your name!)"

I looked up, hopping off of the railing making my way towards,

"Link?!" I rubbed my eyes not believing that he is actually here standing here in Dark Links caslte.

"Oh! (Your name)! Your Alive!!" He ran up to me hugging me tightly.

"L-Link...? What are you doing here?!"

"Are you okay?! Did Dark Link hurt you?!? I will kill that bastard!" He tensed up.

"No! Dark Link didn't hurt me. Just answer my question! Why are you here?!" I pushed him off of me crossing my arms.

"Isn't obvious?! Saving you! Now come on, lets go!" He harshly grabbed my arm walking out. I pulled back my arm.

"No! Im staying here! Leave me alone Link! What is wrong with you!"

"No (Y/N), what is wrong with you! Staying here with Dark Link?! You're crazy."

"W-Whats wrong with me?! Whats wrong with you?! All these years you left me alone and my dumbass waited for you to come back! I know we weren't dating or anything but what we did have was a strong friendship! We were so close!"

"Because! (Your name), dont you know that I'm the Hero of Time?! I have to protect all of Hyrule from danger! I cant be with you all the time!"

"Oh, but you can be with Zelda?!" He has guilt written all over his face.

"Link, Im not dumb! I know you have been hanging out with her since we were 12 years old! Never once you came to check up on me or to say Hi! Anything!" Tears filled up my eyes. "L-Link. You were the only friend I had. The only person I-I could look up to. I could talk to you about anything without getting embarrassed. We looked out for each other and cared for each other. I-I was there when you need me and vice versa." Tears forcefully ran down my face. "I... Probably did have feelings for you back then Link.... but for now, your probably the last person I want to see right now." I turn my back towards him.

"(Y-Your name) ..... Just please come home.." he pleaded. "You've been gone for 6 months!! Everybody misses you! Even your father! Your siblings.... Even I missed you.."

"Come home to neglect, mistreatment and to a friendship that you forgot about?...... No thanks." I turned around facing my back towards him.

  Dark Link was standing on the top of the staircase along with his three maids witnessing the whole thing.

I turned around facing him once more. "You know... Dark link could be a monster and a cold blooded killer but I know that he would never neglect or forget about a true friendship. Ever since I've been here, he has been spending time with me and attending to my needs better than you have. Now if you will excuse me, I have a book to finish."

Silently I made my way up the grand stair case taking a hold of Dark Links hand.

"Come on Dark. Lets go finish that book."

Dark and I went into my room, finishing the book that I was reading earlier it was until then that Dark spoke up.

"That was a brave thing you did back there."

"I did what I had to do was necessary... I mean after all these years he forgotten about me and all of a sudden he shows up?! Where was he when I needed him the most? He's pathetic." I placed the book back on the shelf and sat next to dark.

"You... really meant what you said back there?" He wraps his arm around me as he brings my legs up on his lap.

"About what?" I lay my head on his chest staring at the fire.

"About how I would never neglect and true friendship. And how I've been spending time with you and attending to your needs better than he has..?"

"Yes. Thats all you ever did, was to attend to my needs. I mean you were there when I broke my leg and we have been having fun around the castle. I appreciate you Dark. I really do." I smile looking up at him.

"Well... thats nice to hear." He smiles. "It's really nice having you around (Your name)."

"Don't you have your maids to keep you company?"

"Yeah but they are just my maids, they have to obey my orders. But you... you keep me on my feet and thats a good thing. You always make me laugh and smile and I haven't laughed in years. Years. Your like the sun, always shining always making my day. I love the company, I love having you around."

"R-Really?" I blush deeply.

"Yeah... You are one of a kind. Link dumped you so I will be your knight in a black tunic to sweep you up off your feet."

I giggle. "Haha, Yeah your right."

"What I cant believe is that its been six months since you've been here. It feels like you were here just yesterday."

I sighed. "Yeah I know... but luckily, My birthday is coming up."

"R-Really? When?"

"(Month), (Day). Its only a week away."

"Ah. Interesting..."

  For the rest of the afternoon we just cuddled up by the fire talking about random things and how Dark Link would slay all these different kinds of monsters that would appear out of nowhere. Eventually, It grew darker outside And colder so Dark and I decided to sleep together on the sofa cuddling up, keeping each other warm and protecting each other for the night.