Chapter 6

Pic of heather uptop

Hey guys I just wanted to say thank you so much for reading my book. This means so much to me and I just wanted to say thank you. Don't forget to vote and comment share my story, thank you.

********************

"Maybe we can start over?"

I look up at Brandon, "Yes, I'd really like that."

"So does this mean you'll be my girlfriend?"

"Yes, I'll be your girlfriend."

Brandon smiles down at me and extends his hand towards me and I accept it, letting him pull me up and entwining his fingers with mine. He leads me to the house and we enter through the back door, the sound of laughter filling my ears. We enter the living room and I see Kacey sprawled out on the floor with Ryder and Rosie sitting on her stomach and tickling her. I scan the room for Ryan and see him sitting on the couch that I was sitting on earlier. As soon as we enter Kacey's eyes shoot to us and she smiles when she sees that our fingers are entwined. Ryan looks up and his eyes lock with mine, regret and sorrow filling them to the top. I sigh and take hesitant steps towards Ryan, taking a seat on the opposite side of the couch.

"I'm so sorry," he says, putting his head in his hands. "I was stupid and I jumped to conclusions and I shouldn't have called you a bitch, but the day you left I thought you were just trading up to something better. Kacey explained everything to me and I feel really stupid for jumping to conclusions like that. I didn't want you to come back with intentions of hurting Brandon."

I sigh, "I forgive you, but I don't know if we can be best friends again. You know that I would never intentionally hurt Brandon, everything I did was purely teenage stupidity. Brandon and I have worked it out and I swear on my two children I would never hurt him."

Ryan nods and I stand up, bending down and scooping Ryder into my arms and tickling him. He squeals and tries getting me to stop but I smile and continue. A squeal to my right gets me to turn my head and I see Ryan with Rosie in his arms, her little squeals because Ryan is tickling her. I smile and I feel arms wrapping around my waist, and I smile at the comforting feeling of Brandon holding me. We hang out until about seven before Kacey and Ryan leave, Kacey taking the car seats out and leaving them next to the couch. This leaves the twins, Brandon, and me.

"Mama, I'm hungry," Rosie says, pulling at my shirt.

"What did I say about pulling on people's shirts?" I ask, looking down at her.

"I'm sorry, mama. You said never to pull," she says, frowning.

"It's okay, baby," I say before turning to Brandon. "I should probably get going. Do you mind driving us back to my parents' house?"

"Sure thing, but I was thinking I'd take you and the kids out to eat first," he says, twirling a strand of my hair between his fingertips.

"You don't have to do that."

"Baby girl, I know I don't have to do this for you. I want to do this for you, to make up for all the time I've lost with you," he says, leaning down and kissing my forehead.

"Eeeeeewwwwww, Mama and Daddy are kissing! Mama has cooties!" Rosie squeals and I laugh.

Brandon and I load the car seats into the back of Brandon's car before strapping the kids in. I climb into the passenger seat and Brandon pulls out of the driveway. We pull up in front of a diner I loved to go to when I was younger, and if I remember correctly it was the hang out spot for most teens around here. Brandon and I step out and unload the kids before heading inside.

"Hi Brandon, who did you bring tonight?" the hostess asks and I remember him from my Sophomore English class.

"You remember Abby, right Luke?" Brandon asks and Luke's eyes widen.

"Abby, it's been so long. I didn't here that you were back in town. Oh look, little babies! They are so cute," Luke gushes.

I smile, "Thanks, Luke."

Luke leads us to a booth and I sit with Ryder on one side while Brandon has Rosie on the other. I scan around the diner and notice a lot of familiar faces from High-School. One face stands out to me and I shoot a worried glance at Brandon.

"I didn't know she'd be here," I whisper, pointing her out to him.

"Just ignore her and if she comes around, we'll deal with her," he says before focussing his attention back on Rosie.

The waiter comes around and takes our orders before disappearing into the kitchen. Ryder and Rosie keep Brandon entertained with funny stories of things I did in our home. The waiter comes back out with our food and drinks and we dig in happily. After we're done, we're about to pay when a voice stops us, or more importantly me.

"So, little miss perfect is back," Heather sneers, flipping her brown curls away from her face.

"That's none of your concern," I say, turning around.

"And I see you've brought back two little brats, and you're hanging all over my Brandon. You're probably also claiming that those two ugly little mistakes are his. Oh please, we all know you're just an attention seeking whore who got knocked up by some random guy because you can never keep your legs closed. You're trying to win back someone who could care less about you and you're obnoxious little nuisances," she says and all I see is red.

"Listen here Heather, you can insult me all you want because frankly, I could care less what you say. But when you bring my two babies into this, you're just asking for trouble. You don't know anything because you open your mouth as much as you open your legs, which by the way would be frequently from what I've heard. Also, Brandon is not yours, he is and always will be mine and if you say one more thing about my babies or him, you're just asking for trouble."

"Baby, you can't let her say that to me, can you?" Heather asks, trying to touch Brandon's arm.

"I am, nor will I ever be considered your baby. I belong to her and she belongs to me and so do those little angels. You better watch what you say, Heather."

We turn and walk away, Brandon holding both twins. I hold the door open for him and wait until he gets out before walking out after him. Before I can reach the car I feel something make contact with my head before everything goes black.