Ch. 13

A couple days later....

"Hey, Nas." Nicki smiled at him as he opened the door for her. She got in the car carefully with his helpful assistance and got comfortable. She watched as he jogged to his side of the car and got in.

"So what are we going to do?" She asked him and pulled her purse into her lap.

"I want you to see another side of me today." Nas spoke and started the car.

Nicki side eyed him.. "Oh, you trust me like that now?" Nicki asked

"Should I not trust you?" He asked her as he focused on the road. 

Nicki fiddled with her pink nails, "Of course not. I'm just surprised. What's the surprise?"

"You know I dwell in a lot of things." Nas began, "But this is one of the things I wish I had honestly made a living doing." 

Nicki watched the road also as they conversed. "Oh..why didn't you?"

"It's not that easy. I mean, I don't feel like I really have what it takes. I could invest all my money into this and what happens when it doesn't work, you know? I'll be worse off than I was at first." He said seriously.

Nicki looked at him, "Well what is it?" She asked becoming even more curious.

"You'll see. We should be pulling up any minute now."

..

When they pulled up to the empty building, Nas got out and as always, he opened her door next. Nicki used his hand to help herself get out and scrunched up her face at the some what run down building.

"Where are we?" Nicki asked him.

"Do you trust me?" He asked her and held his hand out.

Nicki looked at him, his hand and hesitated a little bit. He smiled at her, "Nic.."

Nicki sighed, "Okay. I do. Now show me what this is." She took his hand and led her to the entrance where they stood as he rummaged his pockets for the key. 
Nicki stood to the side and looked around. No one was really around, the place was already empty.

When he fished the key out, he unlocked the door and allowed her to go first before following suite an locking it behind them. He led her to a room and once she saw what it was, she gasped.

"Oh wow. A studio." Nicki said as she sat her things down. "You sing?" She asked him jokingly.

"Do I look like a singing nigga to you?" He asked and she shrugged, "Well I'm not. I rap, baby." 

"Oh, you rap?" Nicki went around the sound board and touched a little with her fingers, feeling the switches and keys. "When did you first start doing this?"

"Since I can remember really. I always had a passion for it but like I said earlier, it's not easy making it into the game. It's a 50/50 shot and I didn't want to risk all I have just to not make it anywhere." He explained further and sat down in the swivel chair.

Nicki looked at him before joining him in the next seat over. "Can you play a song for me? I want to listen." Nicki asked him.

Nas was hesitant. 

"Please?" Nicki asked again. 

Nas sighed and gave in. He brought the laptop towards them and connected the headphones before giving them to her. "Put those in."

Nicki did as told and waited for the song to play. When it did, she listened very closely. She didn't move a muscle as she listened and he became nervous and down. He looked at her and bit his lip before snatching the headphones and shutting the laptop down.

Nicki sat there bewildered and angry. "What the fuck?"

"You don't like it." Nas said before she could say anything else. "I knew you wouldn't. Nobody does. This is exactly why I had to think about this a long time before bringing you here." 

Nicki watched him go stand in a corner with his back against the wall and fiddle with his fingers. "Well I actually loved it." She confessed. "The little I actually did hear." She chuckled but he stayed quiet.

Nicki then got up with a sigh and stood in front of him, she took his hands into her and stared up. He avoided eye contact with her. 

"Nasir, look at me." She spoke, "Why did you do that? Why would I not like it? You're a very talented, intelligent person."

Nas just sighed, "I thought you didn't think it was good."

"Well you didn't exactly give me a chance to tell you how I felt about it." Nicki said, "I don't appreciate you snatching the headphones from me either." 

Nas bit down on his lip, "Sorry. I was trippin, man." 

Nicki nodded before she used her hand to move his chin up. They looked at each other for a good minute. She then licked her lips and moved in, kissing him. When they pulled apart, she spoke, "You know if no one else believes in you, I do right?" She said to him and seconds later, he leaned back in, this time kissing her first. 

He used his body to push her backwards as they stumbled onto the worn out couch and fell back on it. Nicki pulled away, out of breath, "Wait.."

Nas looked at her, "What?" He asked, lost and aroused. 

"I'm ready but I don't think this couch will hold up." Nicki giggled a little before looking around. "Lay on the floor." She said and he looked at her sideways for a few seconds before doing as told. Nicki grabbed the blanket that lay across the back and straddled him again, kissing him before covering them up with the blanket.

(Next chapter will be my first official sex scene for this book! Excited? *Cheeses* I had writers' block for this book but I'm back on track now! Don't forget to check out my other books as well. Thank you guys for having so much patience with me)