Chapter Ten - Catching a Muderer (Not Really...)

Start from the beginning

The figure moves behind me, their face right up next to my ear so I can hear every breath they take. "You're my toy."

"Fuck off, you bloody idiot," I whisper back, my English surfacing.

"Of course, you have to be the feisty one," the voice sighs, and I feel him standing. A wisp of silvery hair brushes past my face. What...?

"What have you don't to Haruhi? If you hurt her, I swear..." I growl.

"Oh, I've done nothing to your pretty friend. Yet," the voice adds ominously.

"I know who you are."

"Oh, really?"

"You think you're so smart. Undertaker."

The man laughs. "Ha! You caught me!"

"What do you want? TELL ME!" I demand harshly.

"I just wanted some fun! It's no fun without you, Young Mistress," Undertaker says playfully.

"You know why I left. Now let me go! I order you!"

"Hmm, let me think..." Undertaker mumbles. "No."

"LET ME GO! SEBASTIAN!" I cry.

"Calling for the demon," Undertaker groans. "Tsk, tsk, tsk. Such a Phamtomhive."

I focus. Putting all my mental strength onto standing up, I manage to move my hand. I can do it. Struggling, I get up, grabbing the weapon I had hidden my jacket.

"Let Haruhi go," I stagger towards the ex-shinigami. "Or I kill you."

"Big words coming from you, Young Mistress," Undertaker looks generally surprised I was able to get up. Good. That's fucking good.

"No one holds me, or my family. Ever. You got that?" I growl. My eyes flash red.

"Little, little demon inside. Do come out to play," Undertaker taunts.

I gain full control of my body again. Sebastian. Where are you?

Miss Charlotte! Thank goodness! I've been trying to find you, but I couldn't. My apologies.

No worry. Now get here. NOW!

"Do you really think you can taunt me into hurting you? Think again, old man," I step forward, baring my teeth. "Haruhi!"

"Char!" She's next to me. I charge to the left wall, smashing it. Haruhi's on the other side, bound to a chair with a cut on her face. "Char! Oh, your okay."

"Of course I'm okay," I say. Sebastian appears next to me. "Sebastian, take Haruhi back to her apartment." I bend down next to my sister. "Tell Ryuji I'll be home soon. I have some things to take care of."

With that, I saunter out to the man in the next room. "You little git, fucking with me like that." I'm speaking English now. I feel  comfortable already.

"Oh, come now, Young Mistress. You don't want your adoptive sister hearing you say such profane things," the Undertaker grins wickedly at me.

"Fuck you," I tackle the Reaper to the floor, pinning him to the ground. "Tell me what you know about the Nekko Murders."

"You know the price."

"FUCK YOU AND YOUR FUCKING PRICES! TELL ME!" I shout.

"The demon has surfaced! I didn't think you'd actually do it," Undertaker looks delighted.

"TELL ME!"

"Oh, fine, fine. If your so insistent..." Undertaker sighs. "The man who committed them is dead. Your fine now."

"How do I doubt that?"

"He is, I assure you!"

"Says the man you just KIDNAPPED ME!" I push my switchblade into his throat.

"Now, now, Miss Charlotte. Let's not get carried away now," Sebastian's hand rests on my shoulder.

I growl at the man, before standing. My breathing has grown rapid, and I can feel my red eyes glowing in the darkness. "Let's go, Sebastian."

We turn, but Undertaker laughs behind us. "Shadows, shadows, demons inside. If you trust the girl, you'll surely die. Watch the eyes hidden in black, look away, and you shan't come back."

Sebastian picks me up, and whisks me back to the apartment. There, he tells me he'll get our things from our tent back at the circus and tell Joker that something came up.

Then comes Ryuji, telling me off for being reckless and how happy he is that I'm okay, but I hear none of it. My mind is focused on what Undertaker said. He couldn't know...

After it all, I go back to my shared room, where Haruhi is up reading. I sit on my bag, and grab my blue book. This book has been though a lot.

Sitting against the wall, I write what Undertaker said beneath lines and line of writing. Not all pertained to this, but some did. And I stared at it. I stared at all night. Long after Haruhi fell asleep, and long after Sebastian gave my belongings back. These words that haunt me, following me everywhere. I finished it. And now comes the fun part.

Little demon, sits astride
The big, black horse she calls her guide.

The horse turns back, but not does she,
Staying behind to right the wrongs, never flee.

Hate and fire lives inside,
The soulless beast that need not cry.

Forever lost, it shall be found,
By the demon, who takes her crown.

Ruthless killer, danger follows.
One wrong move, it's to this gallows.

Princess please, head my warning.
If you don't, you shall fail.
See what's next beyond the veil.

Shadows, shadows, demons inside.
If you trust the girl, you'll surely die.
Watch the eyes, hidden in black.
Look away, you shan't come back.