LBW: Part Six

Wendy was at on her bed, trying on different pairs of flannel as she prepared for Robbie to come by. There were too many to choose from, for the first time, there was a small bit of regret that she had packed so many to choose from.

Pacifica would never understand her ways, but there was an art to choosing which piece of flannel to wear. It depended on the occasion, the time of day, the season, what pants or shoes she was wearing, there were so many little factors involved in choosing a piece that were not to be looked over.

She had tried on the blue one, the green one, the red one, and the white one. She was reluctant to wear the white one as it wasn't her style that much, but she had worn one similar to red yesterday was the issue. The blue might seem a little off with everything else she was wearing, she had to look at that.

Why was she stressing this much? It wasn't really a date he was taking her on. He had said on the phone he just wanted to show her one of his favourite places in all of Gravity Falls. That wasn't actually a date, was it? It was just two friends chilling in one friends favourite place to hang out. Not a date.

But then why was she making a huge deal out of it when there didn't need to be? It was odd, like something more Pacifica would do than her. Pacifica was the worrywart of the two. Was this what she felt like all the time?

Wendy looked at all four again, finally putting on the green one.

This is the one. Casual, but cool. I love it.

Wendy smiled, looking at herself in the mirror for just a second, liking how relaxed and cool she looked. She didn't want to overdress and give Robbie the wrong idea, but not under dress and look sloppy, which, judging by Robbie's attire, might've been more of an issue and overdressing. She looked right in the middle of dressy and sloppy. Nice, but not crazy. Wendy gave a satisfied smile to her reflection in the mirror.

She began to leave her room, seeing everyone else was already preoccupied with something. Pacifica was reading her journal, not paying any attention to anything else, Gideon was at the counter, reading some magazine, Candy was leading a group of tourists around the Archives of Mystery, and Fiddleford, was, well, somewhere. She didn't exactly know, but she assumed he was working.

Wendy couldn't help but feel a little upset. Breakfast and sometimes supper were the only time all of the members of the Archives of Mystery (excluding Gideon, who went back to his own home for meals) the entire crew seemed to associate together, and even then, sometimes everyone was left in awkward silence to eat. Sometimes Fiddleford would leave halfway through meals to do his work, and Candy would look upset or annoyed. Though she must've told him about this, as he hadn't done it recently.

Wendy put a hand up her head when she felt a pang of pain hit her suddenly. Ugh, another headache.

She had gotten one last night, just before she had went to sleep. It had seemed to last a few minutes before being gone and her thoughts were consumed by Robbie calling her and asking her to hang out, once again, before she had drifted off the sleep.

But this one seemed different, a bit worse than the one she had last night, she wondered if this one wouldn't last long either before it went away, so she could focus on something else. But for a moment, the pain was hard not to think about.

Wendy wasn't used to getting headaches, which was why minor pains for her seemed to be magnified by ten. She wondered how people who did get headaches often coped.

She decided to ignore the pain, doing something else, so she wandered over to the gift shop, where Gideon had put down the magazine from before, and sat down on the counter near him.

Archives Fallsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें