EE: Part Four

Was Pacifica actually going crazy?

Maybe Wendy was right, maybe she was going a little mad and being too paranoid about things. Thinking about it, the actual logic or probability of her sister's boyfriend actually being a siren was a little, rather very surreal. She felt stupid for thinking that, and she really should've been being more realistic.

She looked down at the page where the siren was, closing the book. Maybe it was just a book of fantasies. She pushed down the feelings that there was actually something up, and set the book down in her lap.

"You okay, Pacifica?"

Pacifica looked up, to see Candy standing at the doorway, smiling warmly at her. Pacifica sighed.

"I would say I'm fine, but I'm a terrible liar," Pacifica said. "Although I'm not sure you'd believe me if I told you what was wrong."

"I've heard some pretty crazy things," Candy said. She walked over, sitting down beside Pacifica. She sighed again, placing a hand under her chin. "You can try."

"You promise you won't judge me?" Pacifica asked.

"Promise," Candy said.

"Alright," Pacifica said. "I, I don't trust Wendy's new boyfriend, Oran, or whatever his name is. I think he's, maybe, not human, if it comes to that, I just have this feeling he isn't normal. Though I, and Wendy, think I'm crazy, I mean, there's no actual possibility of him being abnormal, it's probably just a coincidence."

"Hmm, I don't think you're crazy," Candy said.

"What?" Pacifica asked. Why wouldn't she think she's crazy? Even she thought it was crazy. Why wouldn't Candy? Had she noticed anything strange about this town, and possibly Oran too?

"No, I don't think you're crazy at all," Candy replied. "In fact, I think you're not all that far off from the truth."

"Then why-" Pacifica started.

"I just think you need evidence to provide this, Pacifica," Candy said. "They teach you that a lot in school, to always provide and explanation, or proof to provide for what you're saying and it'll be easier for the person to believe what you're saying than just telling them something."

Pacifica didn't say anything, but she knew she was right. She was more than just right. "You're right, but what evidence do I need?"

"Well, what do you have now?" Candy asked.

"Well, the fact his skin is really shiny, along with his hair," Pacifica said.

"What if it's just hair or skin product?" Candy said, counteracting her argument.

Pacifica didn't say anything back, again, Candy was right. Maybe it was just a product. She remembered once her mother used a product which made her skin really shiny, too.

"You're right. . . Well, there's also the fact he has a sing song like voice, in a creepy way," Pacifica said, trying to change the evidence.

"Maybe he's a singer, perhaps he's working on a play," Candy suggested.

She's good at this, Pacifica thought. "Perhaps. . . Uh. . ."

Candy watched her, as she struggled to think of something else, but then she remembered.

"The fact he had scale like things on his arms," Pacifica said.