EE: Part Six

When Pacifica finally found her sister, it was a surprise to her eyes of what she saw.

Instead of a siren drowning her, all she saw was Wendy being tied down with some sort of rope, by a bunch of little creatures, which she couldn't quite tell what they were until she got close to them.

Sprites?

It all made sense in Pacifica's brain now. They had formed together to look like one human, which gave 'Oran' his glossy look, and the sing song voice was them trying to sound human. And the little turquoise things she had seen on his right arm, which she had mistaken for scales, actually were some of sprites wings that they weren't able to hide, so they just tried to cover it up.

Either way, she had to get them to stop attacking her sister. Even if they were rather weak creatures and weren't really hurting her, it at least had to be annoying.

"Hey!" Pacifica called out, pushing away a mob of sprites to see Wendy. As soon as they saw her, a good amount of them began to swarm around her, trying to attack her. This seemed to include of biting and pulling at her hair and clothes. The first wasn't bad since it didn't hurt, but it was annoying how they pulled on her hair.

Pacifica managed to push most of sprites away easily before they could rush into another mob attack her. She finally amazed to kneel down and try to untie Wendy, before a group of sprites formed, slapping her hand away from the rope.

Gosh, these things are annoying. At this point, she might've rather preferred that 'Oran' actually rather be a siren, because at least those things were easier to ward off, and there weren't a multitude of sirens the same way there seemed to be a whole flock of sprites.

"Stay away!" One called. "You do not know of the crimes she's committed!"

Pacifica looked up, confused, while batting away some more sprites. "What crimes?"

"Are you stupid or something?" Another asked, it's voice much more feminine than the first.

"You have to know!" Another sprite called.

Pacifica was confused. In the couple days that Wendy had been here, what had she done? She couldn't have done much, the times she was here Wendy was often talking to working at the Archives of Mystery. When Pacifica wasn't with her, she was either on a date with 'Oran' or recklessly driving the golf cart.

"You had to have been involved too, helping her!" Another taunted. "Don't you guys remember? there was another! Helping them take the journal from him!"

"I think we should sacrifice them both!"

"Make them both pay for the crimes they have committed against him and the forest!"

What crimes? Who is him and what have I helped Wendy do?

Before Pacifica could get her thoughts clearly in order, the sprites started to form a group chant.

"Sacrifice! Sacrifice! Sacrifice!" They chanted. It repeated, until the entire crowd was violently chanting to sacrifice them.

Considering you're tiny and Wendy and I could bat you away in less than three seconds, that's highly unlikely.

A group of sprites started to attack her, still chanting. They were pushing her down onto the ground, probably trying to tie her up like they had done to her sister to sacrifice them to someone. Pacifica slapped the sprites away, getting tired of their games.

"Alright! Guys!" Pacifica said, standing up and pushing more sprites away. "I don't mean to be rude, but I think you've got the wrong people! My sister and I have only been here for a few days! We haven't done anything to hurt the forest, or, him. I don't even know who him is. Even if we did, we didn't mean to, and we're sorry. We can pay back what we need to. There's no need to sacrifice us."