The fur that was placed there has done its job; I won't be scarred from silvers heavy touch.

Ancient forest greens regard me in the full light of the Moon.

Slow motion the way his hand comes to my cheek to brush the soil that's clinging to it. A fingertip lingers at the edge of my mouth before sliding it across my bottom lip.

"Can you forgive me?" Odin's words are hitting towards my heart, eyes showcasing his hurt. Nature's voice hushing in the air while the powerful light of our Full bodied Moon drenches Odin's feature in illuminating brilliance.

None of his characteristics are hidden, sharp features edging out. Underneath the chisel of him is a look of worry, of vulnerability that is crystalline clear. He cares about how I will answer him. His shoulders are back, spine straight, eyes never wavering from mine. Odin pulls in a deeper than normal breath, the chest rising, holding the air in.

He's prepared to take a hard-hitting blow, which he assumes will come.

"Yes." Saying that one word has him exhale out, long and slow.

"I should get cleaned up." Trying to stand up, the ordeal my body has just gone through it traumatic, causing legs to shake almost to the point of failing.

"I'll help you." Odin rises with me, even though his legs mimic mine, the strain of standing, shaking those muscles that seem to be exhausted.

He tries pulling on the chain that's stuck in the bark of the tree; he's unable to move it even an inch. Solidly stuck in it's resting place. Odin's eyes assess me, "you're very strong Charlie. I'm counting on this strength when I come for you."

"What happens if I decide not to come with you?" Can I see a sense of loss filter across his face before being hidden from view?

"Charlie, it's the way it's done, always will be done. The female comes to the males pack. I'll be the Alpha soon, and I will make it easier for you to see your family more. You can still enjoy the study of plants but as my mate." Odin's watching my face.

"Our land is so vast Charlie that it would take you years and years to see everything it has to offer you. It would be my honor to take you to all the places I know you would appreciate the beauty of. Our pups will grow fat on the abundance within our territory, the plants in all their varieties can be cataloged in your books. I will even help you sketch them if that's what you want. We could do this together, learn things together." A vision he's trying hard for me to see about our future together.

"I've made us a home, Charlie. A home I think you would like. A place you would feel comfortable in." Taking the first step towards the cottage Odin is by my side walking with me.

"I'll miss my family." The soft crack is not missed by his ears, his features soften towards me.

"We will create our own family, that you will love even more fiercely than what you have now." Somehow I can't imagine loving something more than what I have now while looking at Odin.

"Would you like to be carried," Odin asking when he see's the thigh muscles quiver so bad they ruffle the material of the destroyed pajama bottoms. Looking at his legs, they are also showing the strain of exertion, yet he's willing to carry me without thought of his own tiredness.

"No, I'm able to walk." Head forward, shoulders back, walking into the cottage, with my own forward motion.

Odin heads to the trunk of the tree picking up a notebook, and a pencil, clutching it in his arms protectively.

When walking into the cottage that same overwhelming feeling seeps into my being, this place holds a power inside it. Something that is haunting, bound to this place not able to sever ties with the land of the living.