Chapter One

I, Abisan Truse, am not ever, ever, ever going to forget about my time in California. While I was there, I met the coolest, nicest, funniest guy ever, fell in love and even got a little famous. This is my story.

            I guess it started when I had to move out to California for a while. Sadly, my mother died a little before Christmas, so I had to go settle some affairs. In order to keep myself fed and preoccupied, I picked up a job at Starbucks in L.A. Fortunately, I got a nice, big house out of the deal, but it was kind of hard to stay there… You know why.

            To help cope, because I sure couldn’t afford to live anywhere else, I put as much time and effort out of the house as I could. I worked ridiculous hours and every other moment I could, I was out and about the streets of L.A. By the time I got home each night, I’d be dead tired.

            This, brings us to where I met him.

            His name was Toby Turner. He stops by the coffee shop almost every single day and, man, is he sweet. My first day, he came in and a fan of his walked up to him and started talking to him, apparently he’s some big deal on YouTube. Anyway, he actually talked to the guy. He didn’t shoo him away or ostracize the guy. Then, as if that wasn’t awesome enough, he asked this guy and another lady next to him what they wanted to order and bought it for them. With a quick wink at the person at the counter (which was me), he was gone.

            Now, that wasn’t the first time. At a later date, I found the YouTube video the fan made about Toby and even Toby’s channel. I have to say, he was pretty funny. Being the strange person I am, I brought it up the next time I saw him.

            “Hello,” I greeted him with my usual smile, “Can I help you?”

            “Uh… Can I get an Iced… Large Americano?” he decided, "with soy?"

            “You ordered the same thing in your lazy vlog I watched yesterday,” I mentioned, setting up his order.

            “You… Watch my vlogs?” he raised an eyebrow.

            “Yeah… It was the one where you got robbed by the in-and-out burglar,” I continued “I’d love to be in one sometime, but anyway… Here’s your coffee.”

            “Thanks, uh… Abisan?” he read my name tag, taking his coffee.

            “That’s me,” I smiled, taking his money. 

            “Cool name,” he smiled and walked away.