Chapter 21: We're More Alike Than You Think

Start from the beginning

She glared at me and took a step closer putting one of her perfectly french manicured fingers on my chest.

"Don't start with me. You will regret you EVER said that!" she yelled. "Plus," Brittany said as her voice turned back to it's normal squeaky self, making me wish she'd yell again, "Barbies are plastic. I actually have skin," she told me.

I rolled my eyes. "Sweetie, they're called PLASTIC surgeons, not skin surgeons. And I'm not scared of you," I told her as I smacked her hand off my chest. "You think you're tough, but you're not. You use your money to buy you stuff. Your friends, happiness, everything! The only thing you don't use money for, is guys. Your legs take care of that!" I told her.

"You don't know anything about me," she snarled.

"You think I don't know?" I asked her. "How 'bout this? You're a fake, insecure girl that gets scared. You're worried someone will find out about whatever the fuck it is and then no one will like you."

I watched as her expression softened and shock covered her face before it was replaced with sadness.

"I get it. At home, no one probably pays attention to you, so you make up for that at school. I get it. But I'm tired of this. So whatever I did to make you hate me, I don't know. Maybe it's just you being jealous about me or that I have something you want," I said before glancing at Asher and adding, "Or had."

Asher frowned at me but I ignored it and turned back to Brittany.

"So go ahead. Ruin my life, call me names, try to hurt me, act like your normal, popular, selfish self but you will never scare me and I will never back down," I told her taking a step closer.

Her expression then changed from sadness to a glare.

"Yeah, well maybe I'm not the only one hiding things," she told me. "And don't talk about me like that because I'm sure, if your brother was here, he would fuck me too," she said with a smirk on her face.

I couldn't hold it anymore. I stepped forward and smacked her hard across the face as she winced and held her cheek.

I then glared at her. "Don't you EVER talk about my brother that way. Even if he was popular, he wouldn't be stupid enough to go out with you. My brother has class and he knows how to pick classy girls, not trashy ones," I told her.

There was silence so I took it as a signal to leave. I turned on my heel and headed through the crowd, to my next class.

"Riley!" someone yelled.

"Got it. Let me just put my stuff away and I'll be in your office Mr. McGuire," I told the principle.

**************

I had sat in his office as he showed me the fight that had been recorded on the security camera we had.

"Damn, that was a nice slap," I commented with a smirk.

"I don't care how much we all hate Brittany," he started.

"So it's not only me," I muttered.

He ignored my comment and continued on with his lame speech as I stretched back and watched the video.

"You can't go around starting fights and randomly slapping people!" he yelled.

Mr. McGuire was about to begin again when I stopped him by raising my hand.

"First off," I said with a smirk, "Can I get that on like a CD disk or something? This is true entertainment! And second," I stated, becoming serious, "I didn't randomly slap her! I had a purpose. Plus, it wasn't people, it was an animal! I mean I love animals but not selfish, conceded, stuck-up bitches that are-"