"Oh, so you have feelings for me?"

"I didn't say that, but if you're sick, I want to help. Besides, I don't want to catch your sickness, so its better if we get rid of it immediately."

"That's precisely why you shouldn't help me; you'll just catch it in the process."

"Not if it gets treated right away."

Lucian sighed and glanced at you as you rested your right hand against his forehead. Upon contact, you could feel the heat radiating off of his skin, indicating that he did indeed have a fever. "There's no doubt that you have a fever, though; can't you just heal yourself?"

"No, sadly I can't just wave my hand and fix the problem. Potions and sometimes spells are required much like human medicine when it concerns an illness. Of course potions and spells are much more effective than anything made by humans. For example, when you were sick, I had to use multiple advanced potions and several spells to accompany the formulas."

"Alright then, tell me what you need."

"So, you really intend to help me? I could just order Pastel to bring the potion I require."

Why was he being so stubborn? Usually he would've been ecstatic if you wanted to help him willingly, he would've loved to have your company, but now he seemed to be rather happy if you left him alone in the chair. Personally, you didn't know why you were being so considerate towards him. You had put your trust in him, but maybe he was finally breaking down the walls that you had built so well, however they were only broken a little. Annoyed at your own emotions, you crossed your arms and leaned back in your chair.

"Honestly, I'm offering you my assistance for once and here you are telling me not to. You really must be sick to have such a personality change."

"And, what about you? You're beginning to act different as well."

Ignoring his comment, you replied, "Just tell me what potion to get you."

"Fine, if you really want to help me then I expect the full treatment. Like you said why should I not take full advantage of your offering to assist me? I will go to my room, as you get the potion. Just tell Pastel that I have a fever and he'll know what to get me."

With that he got out of the chair and exited the room, leaving you to curse your consideration. Maybe you would just ask Pastel to give Lucian the potion after all, but then how would Lucian respond? What mess had you gotten yourself into? Getting out of your own chair, you muttered curses all the way to the potions room. When you reached the door, you remembered that it had a special lock on it and you instantly wanted to face-palm. In your frustration at yourself and at Lucian, you had forgotten about the unique lock. Standing in front of the door, you tried to remember what Lucian did last time. Hesitantly, you pressed in the gemstones, hoping that you had gotten it right. To your surprise the doorknob appeared. Surprised, you congratulated yourself on recalling the correct combination. Turning the doorknob, you were greeted by the familiar potion room. Seeing the nezati on the small round stone table, which had the potion machine and various bottles on top, you walked over to Pastel, who was busily attending to one of the trees on the table.

"Pastel," you called out lightly, trying not to the scare him.

Hearing his name, Pastel turned around and widened his eyes at seeing you before replying, "Ahh, Miss ____, what an honor it is to see you. Master Lucian told me that you attained the second mask piece; it's truly wonderful that you're helping him. Oh, he and I were so worried when you wouldn't wake up. I'm so glad to see that you're doing better."

"Well, thank you Pastel, but I need you to get a potion for me."

"Really, how odd I never expected to hear that request from you Miss ____. Ohh, forgive me that probably sounded rude. I mean it's just that I'm used to only Master Lucian wanting potions. Why do you need one Miss ____?"

"Lucian's sick; he told me to tell you that he has a fever and that you would know which potion to get".

Pastel's eyes widened considerably at hearing your words. He threw his tiny paws up to his face in a worried manner and nodded frantically before jumping off the table and running over to a nearby shelf. Quickly climbing to the top, he pushed bottles aside hurriedly yet carefully, making sure not to push one off of the shelf.

While he was doing this, he was muttering "Master Lucian's sick, he's sick. Oh, I'm so worried."

Having reached the back of the shelf, he stopped and grabbed a bottle in his tiny paws. Carefully carrying it in one paw, he skillfully maneuvered back down the shelf, halting right in front of you. Holding the bottle up, he waited for you to take it from him. Taking it from him, you thanked him and were ready to walk out of the room, but Pastel called out to you in his high-pitched voice.

"Miss ___, thank you for taking care of Master Lucian."

Merely nodding, you waved goodbye to Pastel and went to head to Lucian's room. As you were walking down the hall, you glanced at the potion bottle in your hand. The glass bottle was filled with a fluorescent purple liquid. You could tell that it was rather thick because when you tilted the bottle, the liquid moved back and forth in the bottle slowly. Moreover, it seemed to have what looked like glitter in it, but you presumed that it was something other than glitter.

Finding yourself now at Lucian's door, you turned the handle and went inside. Looking upon the familiar sitting room, you noticed that the fire was lit, adding the much needed light to the dark space, since the lamps by the fireplace were currently off. Maneuvering around the various pieces of furniture, you entered the main part of Lucian's room. The sun was just beginning to set and its light shined through the three paned windows and the ivory lace curtains that covered them. Lucian's black riding boots were next to his bed and he lay sleeping under the ivory sheets of his bed. With the light of the setting sun shining on his face, he looked rather peaceful. Furthermore, you found yourself blushing lightly, for the light highlighted his features perfectly.

Going over to the nightstand on the left side of the room, you set the potion down and saw that Lucian's breathing was rather unsteady, indicating the growing severity of his fever. Resting your right hand on his forehead again, you instantly felt the heat coming off of him. Before you could draw your hand back, Lucian's left hand grabbed your hand, securing it there. Surprised by his movement, you went to pull your hand away, but he kept a firm grip on you. Shifting around slightly, he opened his purple eyes.