Chapter 21

(Leon's pov)

Luke and I got ready and went out then came back home, but now I'm sitting in my room playing some chess on my phone. Thinking again about last night.

We danced and had a good laugh about stuff. We even played a bit more chess. I knew she was only playing because I like it but she was sweet about it. I will admit my competitive side would not allow her to win no matter how hard I tried.

She did ask me to take her to 'our spot' (her words not mine) but it was too far out at that time in the evening. I decided to just take a drive till she wanted to go home. I was waiting for her to ask to go home but she didn't. I drove past her house twice incase she wanted to go home but she kept telling me to keep driving.

Her ankle wasn't sprained like I thought and she started walking normally after a while.

I stopped at 'Familia And Amore'. The closed sign was already up but the kitchen lights were on around the back. We both got out the car and she threw me a funny look. I laughed a bit and took her hand, pulling her.

I opened the kitchen door and walked through. Isabella was washing dishes and Antonio was counting up the money. I come here all the time after moving to this town. They like second parents to me. I knew them growing up.

The name of the restaurant was very important to them. Isabella was Spanish and found family to be important in her life, reason for the name starting with 'Familia' and Antonio is Italian. He found love to be the most important in his life, so much so that he put his wife's word first in the name of the restaurant with his word 'Amore' being second. So to them 'Familia And Amore' is not only family and love but to feel at home when you in their restaurant and taste the love through the food.

This is why I brought Nattlie here. Not only did they make Italian, Spanish and a mix of both to make 'Spanlian' as I call it, but they showed a side that I personally think Nattlie hasn't seen in a while and needs to experience again.

I greeted Isabella with a hug then introduced her to Nattlie. I then did the same with Antonio.

Isabella left what she was washing and got a table ready for us all to just sit and talk a bit.

"So Leonie... tell me son what is with the fancy dressing?" Asked Antonio with his Italian accent.

"Ah well we had our prom and I thought I'd take her out for a bit. You know to get away from all that loud music" I said with a laugh.

"No no no no Leon you don't bring a mujer hermosa like her to a place like this." Said Isabella with her Spanish accent.

"A what?" Laughed Nattlie.

"Ummm how you say?" Asked Isabella trying to find the words.

"...beautiful woman" I filled in.

" Sí sí " she smiled.

"I wanted her to meet my other familia" I replied.

"Ah so you piace this girl?" Asked Antonio with a wink.

I went red with embarrassment and just rubbed the back of my neck with a smile on my face.

"Wait what did he ask?" Asked Nattlie laughing and gave me a playful push.

"Nothing nothing don't worry" I quickly said trying to kill the topic.

"Shame on you Leon. Nattlie. He asked if Leon ... likes you" said Isabella quickly.

"Oh is that right " said Nattlie giving me a look.

"You wish" I said trying to play it cool and hoping she can't see through me. So I looked away, trying to avoid eye contact.

"No amico, you wish" said Antonio with a laugh and Isabella joining soon after.

"You two are too much for me... I'm gonna go wash dishes" I said standing up and walking to the kitchen. This is so embarrassing. Part of me just wants to tell her I like her and that I'm trying to get over her but part of me says if I do I will end a good friendship.

I could hear them talking and soon after Nattlie came to join me in the kitchen. She took off my jacket and placed it on one of the clean counters.

"Hi" she said innocently placing her hands in the water, grabbing a plate to dry off.

"Don't listen to them. Your just the first girl I've ever brought to meet them" I said trying to explain what just happened.

"So I'm the first?"she asked.

"Yes mainly because your my only female friend. Not a lot of girls are lining up or getting into fit fights to be friends with me" I said.

She didn't say anything after that. I think I just killed the mood and I'm sure she is thinking of how big of a loser I am.

I took a bit of the foam from the sink and brushed it over her nose. After doing it I clicked that it was a really stupid move. What stunning, dressed up lady wants her outfit ruined by foam?

"I'm so sorry" I said quickly. My eyes as big as tennis balls.

"No no no! You gonna pay for this!" She said grabbing a hand full of foam and rubbing it into my hair. That's when she laughed and truly laughed, it was really cute and I didn't want her to stop but she covered her mouth and cleared her throat.

She slowly took another hand full and put it in my face. The only look I had on my face was one of shock which made her laugh with a little snort.

I laughed and grabbed a hand of foam bringing it to her face and covering her in foam. We both fell with laughter and foam everywhere. There was even water on the floor and her dress along with my clothes are all wet.

I saw Isabella and Antonio walk in slowly and smiling. I looked at them with a smile. Antonio threw me another wink and quickly left before Nattlie noticed they were standing by the door.