Chapter 1

This time narrated by the older brother, Dwayne.

I woke up to the sound of the vacuum cleaner. I never understood why mom has to vacuum so early in the morning.

I saw that Ricky wasn't in his bed, I assume that I was the last one to wake up. So I slowly got up, stretched and walked downstairs.

As I got downstairs I saw Mom still vacuuming, my brothers at the table eating cereal and Dad on the couch holding Lucille.

"Good morning!" Mom yelled over the vacuum sound. I joined my brothers at the table and poured myself some cereal. Mom finally stopped the vacuum and I could hear the TV.

I heard that a storm is expected to occur this evening through the rest of the week. "Hm. That's nice." Ricky said quietly.

"Does that mean a tornado is going to come?" J.D. asked with his mouthful.

"Don't worry sweety," Mom said, "a tornado probably won't come." Me and Ricky exchanged looks and chuckled.

As we got up and put our bowls in the sink, we went into the living room. "Do you think we should go to the grocery store before the storm hits?" Mom asked Dad.

Dad shook his head. "Might as well."

Mom got off the couch. "Alright boys, get dressed so we can go and stock up on grocery's before the store comes."

"Yes ma'am." All three of us said as we headed upstairs.