Chapter 19 - St John's Ambulances and Run-Ins with Him

Start from the beginning

I didn't mean to have a stress at them. I wasn't even bothered about them implying I normally eat loads of food because I do and I'm proud of it, but I guess the whole Scott thing had left me in a sour mood.

I had to pack all my stuff up so it was ready for me to take it to my room in the hotel. Max called me when everyone was ready so I grabbed my bag and left the bus with the lads. I stayed quiet though as it felt a bit awkward due to my little outburst this morning but I think the lads just presumed I was on my period and hormonal. I stayed quiet the whole journey from the bus to the hotel, which was actually only across the road, even when Max tried to talk to me. I heard Nathan quietly say "just leave her" so Max gave up after that.

When we got to the hotel, Dave gave me a room key first so I immediately went off to find it, which didn't take me long. I unpacked all of my stuff and flopped down on the bed, needing a break for a few moments. I knew I wouldn't be able to stay there for long though because we'd have to get back to the arena to do soundchecks and get ready for tonight.

After around five minutes, I heard a knock at the door so I sighed and rolled off the bed. Making my way over, I looked through the peephole to see a shaved head.

I opened the door and rested my head against the frame, looking up at Max.

"Can I have a hug please?" he asked me quietly. I nodded so he wrapped his arms around me in the doorway, pulling me into a tight hug.

"I'm sorry we said you ate lots of food this morning" he said once he'd pulled away, "we didn't realise you'd get upset about it"

"Max, why would I get upset because of that?" I said, "I don't give a shit if you think I eat lots of food because I do, I'm just not in a good mood"

"So you don't hate us all then?"

Christ, and they call me overdramatic.

"Why the fuck would I hate you because of that?" I sighed. He just smiled and pulled me into another hug.

Lunchtime was spent in the corner on my own with my guitar perched in my lap. The cafeteria area where everyone was eating was full of crew, as well as band members, but I shut myself off in my own little world whilst everyone else ate. I once again didn't eat, because I still had the horrible feeling in my stomach.

I began working on a song I'd partly written, which was helping take my mind off the fact Scott was sat just across the room, eating his lunch. I'd already spotted him when I entered the room and purposefully chose a spot in the corner furthest away from him.

Because I was in my own little bubble, I didn't really take any notice of anybody else in the room, though I suspected that Max was keeping an eye on me. He confirmed my suspicions when he appeared in front of me, finally popping my bubble and bringing me back to the real world.

"You not having any lunch, babe?" He asked me, concern lacing his voice.

"I'm not hungry, babe" I said, taking the piss a little at the end. He just rolled his eyes

"I'm being serious"

"So am I, I'm not hungry" I shrugged.

"Soph, you need to eat something" he sighed, sitting down next to me.

"I'm not hungry" I repeated for the millionth time that day.

"But you're always hungry"

"Well, it's about time I'm not then, isn't it?" I half-joked.

"Is something bothering you?"

My eyes glanced around the room, and unfortunately connecting with Scott's.