Chapter 48: One Last Time (Hailey)

Start from the beginning

"You didn't look at the date?" He asked.

"No." I checked the date, the last day of summer. This is what Mason had been writing as he waited for me to finish counting my tips. "Oh."

"Yeah." He reached around me and closed it. "Happy Graduation, Babe."

"I love you." I told him before kissing him.

"I love you too." He said after the kiss ended.

*****

Thankfully everything before Erica took the stand for her valedictorian speech went by in a blink of an eye.

I tapped Mason's shoulder to let him know it was time to record.

"Students, teachers, friends, and family." Erica started her speech similar to how our salutatorian started his speech but that's only way it was the same.

"This is gonna be great." I whispered to my twin.

"Sure." She rolled her eyes.

"It's been a good long four slutly, slutly years." Erica said and I could people whispering. "For Johnny Carson that is."

"Oh no she's not." Hannah gasped.

"She is." I smiled and clapped.

"Our school can finally say good fucking riddance to the slut of the century." Erica grinned as she gestured to Johnny.

"The slutiest slut!" Johnny shouted among the hooting and hollering.

"But the town has three more slutly months until you're UCLA's problem." She was doing her best not to laugh and remain serious. "Congrats, by the way. Didn't know they offer scholarships for sex or majors in sluting around."

"Fuck you, Erica." Johnny said with a smile.

"I'm ace, Carson." She rolled her eyes before continuing with her speech. "And speaking of a long time, Hailey Jacobs and Mason Banks are finally dating. About fucking time, guys."

I couldn't keep my laughter neither could Mason or Hannah, Johnny was cheering with everyone else.

"And for all of you still wondering who was behind moving everything in Dallons' classroom to the roof for Senior Prank, I can't tell you because the threat of withholding the diplomas is still strong." Erica bowed her head as everyone booed. "But send me a text and I'll tell everyone and send pics and vids."

"I'm doing that now." Johnny whispered as he pulled his phone out of his pants pocket.

"Shout out to the one kid who isn't graduating." Erica said. "Beware what you post on Facebook, the school can see it. Especially when you're a dumbass who posts on the school page."

"And a round of applause to Hannah Jacobs for spending her Senior year listening to her Dad's Sex Ed class." Everyone cheered for Hannah.

"I hated that class the most." Hannah whispered to me. "Because I hate the freaking teacher."

"Honestly, Han." Erica laughed for a second. "I don't know how you or anyone survied that slutshaming class. Especially Johnny since he is the definition of slut. Kudos to all who made it out of Slutingshaming Ed without dying of boredom, you're the real heroes."

"Congrats, I hate all of you ones but my girlfriend who is a ten, and Hailey Jacobs who helped me write this speech." With that Erica stepped away from the stand, bowed, flipped us all off, and sat back in her seat on stage next to a mortified school board.

We gave her a standing ovation.

*****

"Erica, I love you." I told my coworker after the ceremony was over and we were milling around.

"Love you too, Hail." She hugged me. "Did you record it for my grandparents?"

"Mason did." I told her and broke the hug. "It's the greatest speech ever. You called Johnny a slut in front of the school board."

"His Dad did know he's a slut, right?" Erica asked. "Because dinner's gonna be awkward if he didn't."

"I have no idea, but everyone loved it." I told her. "You got a standing ovation."

"Probably because I called your dad out." She laughed. "I have a card for you, but it's with my mom."

"Yeah, Walt and Faith are holding all the cards Han, Mase, and I have." I gave her another hug. "See you later?"

"Yeah, Johnny's throwing the party." She told me as her family starting walking over. "It's slut themed probably."

"Like all of his parties." I waved goodbye to her and went to find my family.

I ran into my father first.

"Hailey." He looked surprised to see me.

I just stood there awkwardly. I haven't seen him since Prom, and the last time I heard from him was a drunken voicemail bitching at me about the gallery and how I was slut.

"Congrats on graduating, sweetheart." He pulled me into a hug I didn't return.

"Thanks." I nodded at him and walked right past him.

"Isn't it the former slut of the school." I held my arms out when I saw Johnny.

"Isn't it the last virgin of the school." He smiled when he saw me and pulled me into a bone crushing hug. "I'm sad we just got empty cases."

"That's because our school had us taking finals up to the last day of school." I told him and we pulled away. "And I'm not the last virgin of the school, my boyfriend is a virgin too."

"But not for long." Johnny's smile turned suggestive as he winked at me.

"Fuck you." I told him.

"I'm not Mason, and you're the wrong Jacobs twin." Johnny's sister walked over to us with her phone up.

"Pictures!" She smiled at us. "Johnny, I just saw your girlfriend with Mase. They'll be over in a sec."

"Hannah's not my girlfriend." He mumbled as he wrapped an arm around my waist.

"Yeah, they're just friends." I said then smiled as she took the picture.

And the rest of the night was blur.

**AN***

Hope you guys enjoyed! 

Let us know what you thought! 

~ChasingMadness24 & BriannaVore