Chapter 9 ~ Closed Eye

Start from the beginning

My heart dropped to the bottom of my stomach to hear what a terrible mother he had. His face expressions were blank.. but more angry, & furies. I would too be angry at my mom if she very did that to Steve or my dad... if he was still alive.

Tarros continued with his story. "My father found out about my mother's affair, & that she was planing on leaving us. So when I was 7 yrs. old my mother ran away the next morning, taking all the money that my father worked so hard for so that someday when he had enough we would move to the big city to make more money, & get rich. 

I was so angry at my mother, angry at the world... But father gave me some advice that I've been turning over in my mind ever since. "Whenever you feel angry at the world, look up at the stars, & think of happy thoughts. Wish on a star, & maybe something good might happen soon." 

I held on to the advice as long as I could remember. So when every something bad happen I would always go on top of the roof look up at the stars, & wish with all my might that today was history, & tomorrow will be better then today. Then a few yrs. later when I graduate from college I moved to New York in 1920 or some would say "The Roaring 20's". 

When I moved there I made good money as a banker, bought a house on a lake, & everything went good. Then I went over to my neighbors house because he was having a last day of summer party. It was a wild party, lots of people who were NOT invited came. Movie actors, millibars, high scholars drop outs, college kids, Broadway performers, banks you name it.

Everyone was getting drunk, because during the 1920's they band alcohol so some people made money on bootlegging (selling alcohol illegal). Then just when things couldn't get any better I meet the most beautiful woman I have ever seen." Tarros paused I could tell that he missed that girl dearly.

"Her name was Daisy Buchanan, the daughter of a very wealthy family. Her hair was sun shine gold, her eyes were sky blue, her skin were like goose feathers in pillows, & her lips were the color red, like my love for her. When we introduce ourselves we headed to my place where I made love to her, & I knew that she was the one for me. She was very thing to me like nothing mattered in the world.

Yrs. past as Daisy & I grew more attached to each other. During the summer of 1929 I proposed to her, but during that summer "The Great Depression" came; I lost my job, all of my money that I worked so hard for... was gone. Daisy & I would fight a lot on how I should look for another job or that she should have gotten married to a rich man instead of me.

I hated her for saying that, but I couldn't stay mad at her, soon she'll be my wife, & things will work out alright, but then things went from bad to worst. The love of my life, & my future wife died from a car crush by a drunk driver." Tarros started to tear up, so did I.

"But I couldn't live without her, so I didn't know it would be possible, but it worked. When I came here I found Deat-... I mean Thomas he had Daisy's soul, so I begged him to bring back Daisy's soul in return I sold my very own soul to him. Then after our deal was made Thomas returned the soul to Daisy, & Daisy came back to the world of the living.

But then Thomas told that she has to save my soul by making a promise for internal love, but to my utter horror I saw that Daisy married a billionaire man, Peter Malark. On her wedding night she told him that she was in love with someone else, but she only loved me for my money. I used to be rich, but since the Great Depression started, & I lost the money, she found someone who was rich.

Now my soul was trapped forever when I made the deal with Thomas. My heart was ripped, & torn into pieces; how could I have been so naive, not seeing that Daisy was a careless, selfish, self centered, greedy little fool. After that day I became the servent of Death. Day by day, night by night I felt all emotion slip away from me, the feeling of joy, happiness, & love. Everything good inside of me was gone; only anger, & sorrow was felt inside."