3

"Shhh!" I heard a loud whisper wake me up from my unknown dream that disappears in seconds. I start to rub my eyes as I turn my body. My vision taking in two sleeping people laying across the couch. My eyes catching movement next to me.

I turn to see Beth smoking again as she leaned against a broad shouldered boy, his cigarette hung from his lips...
Cole.

His eyes were sunken in like he hadn't slept in days and he had a disturbed look on his face. Maybe it was permanent? But it really gave me the chills.

"Oh-morning" Beth whispers to me. I give a weak smile and nod to her black outfit. "There's donuts on the coffee table" she says as she pays attention to her black-chipped nails.

"Oh-thanks" my raspy morning voice says. My body slipping out of the once comfortable bed. My feet touching the cold tiled floor making me skip to the table. I stare into the box of donuts as I fix my fuzzy pajama pants.

I decide on a chocolate one and shove half of it into my mouth.

"That chocolate was for me" Cole's voice startled me as he sounded stern and cold. I flinched as he got half way off the bed. I frown and keep eating the donut," It didn't have your name on it?" I say so innocently, but I was holding in my laughter. He was really getting mad over a donut.

Beth started to chuckle silently, earning a glare from Cole. "Cocky?" He hisses and goes to grab a sprinkled one that made a mess all over the floor."really Cole?!" Beth whisper yells as his frosting covered lips smirk.

He shrugged,"oops" he laughed and slammed his body back into Beth's bed. I sighed and looked at the clock.

It read 11:30.

My donut almost falling out of my mouth, I was suppose to call my parents an hour ago. I start to frantically look for my phone that had to be barried in my sheets.

"Shit" I whispered as I found my phone.

I turn it on to 5 phone calls and my eyes flicker to Beth and Cole who are staring with a strange look on their faces.

"Excuse me" I say and take it outside.

The warmth of the day had already begun and birds chirped form every angle.

"Hello" my fathers usual raspy voice says.

I smile,"Hi dad- sorry I didn't call...I was asleep" I say into the phone as I start to walk in circles.

"Long night at the frat?" His question was filled with laughter. My face turned pale but I started to laugh as well."I wouldn't call my dorm room a frat" I say as I felt myself being watched.

My head snapping to the window that connected to my dorm room. The shades were opened slightly as I see Coles smile and blue eyes stare at me.

My face went into shock,"What the hell?" I say aloud.

"What?!" My father says into the phone his voice sounding annoyed.

"Oh sorry- nothing a squirrel just like ran across my foot" I nervously laugh into the phone. My dad laughs for a good five seconds before he calmed down.

We started to make small talk about what I did yesterday and how my mother was crying all night because I'm the last "bird" to leave the nest.

"Ugh-dad don't tell me that it's too depressing" I whine into the phone as I spin on my heels until I land in the grass. "I know, but she misses you- all of you; Derek, Emma,and you" he sighed into the phone. I could feel a heavyness drop on my shoulders.

"Dad- tell her I love and miss you guys and I will be fine...bye bye" I had to end the call because talking about my mother crying was not the topic I wanted to get into this morning.

I sigh opening the door to everyone up and watching game of thrones.

"A freshman calling their daddy is so cute-don't you think Bethany?" Cole says folding his muscled arms. I felt a heat in my head burn through my ears. My fist clenched as he crossed the line.
"Shut up you don't even know me" I hissed looking to Beth.

I didn't know what I expected her to do, because in all honesty I didn't know any of them and her response could be as douche as his or not. But Instead of her saying anything she punched his shoulder.

I decided to leave the room to them, as I needed to see Tessa. But my phone decided to ring again.

"Tyler?" I say into the phone. Which gathered everyone's attention.

"Hey, I'm coming over-I got coffee" he said with a hint of laughter. I was about to disagree with his plans but he had already ended the call. Because he knew I would decline having coffee with him.

I threw my phone on the bed and dug through my drawers. I picked out some jean shorts that were snug at my thighs and a tight fitting tank-crop top. I took my makeup and outfit to the connected bathroom.

As I walked out  I could feel all their eyes on me as if I was some interesting alien creature.

I found myself sitting next to Remi on the L shaped couch. She smiles at me with her purple hair a mess and her cleavage sticking way too far out. "Who's Tyler?"she ask with a giggle to her tone.

I ignore her comment,"Any more donuts left?" I ask as I lean into the box. I see three donuts and nod.

We all sat in silence, as half us watched the tv and the rest stared at the ground or eachother. My eyes were hooked on Cole. His arm was wrapped around Beth as she payed no attention to any of us.

I watched them hug eachother until there was a knock on the door and I was up opening it.

"One tall black coffee for you" Tyler greets me, as he extends the coffee to me. I take it and pull him in.
"Thank you-" I say as we walk over to my bed. We take a seat and he takes view of the other people in the room.

They also look him up and down."that's Beth, Cole, Jack, and Remi" I say and they all nod heads. Except for Jack.

"Hey- wasn't that the guy who was on you yesterday?" Tyler asks with a frown. His legs stand him up and he's this tall giant again.

I groan, grabbing his wrist."About that- again I'm sorry" jack says nervously and looks to Cole. Because Cole seemed the biggest in their group. Coles stare was glaring into Tyler.
"Hey- its fine" I say to Tyler but his eyes are hooked on Jack.

"Man chill out- I mean she isn't effected by it leave it alone" Cole finds his way into this mess. His body 2 feet away from Tyler's as they had a stand off.

I bit my lip as I tugged on Tyler.

"Come lay down ty" I say pouting pulling him this time to my messy bed sheets. He plops onto his back as I do too.

"Coffee" I remind him and he takes his cup from the bed and sips it furiously. "It's not a problem" I whisper to him hugging his arm.

"Well he wouldn't get off of you" he barked loud enough for everyone to hear him. Because Tyler was not the guy to keep his feelings or emotions hidden.

"My dad called me-five times this morning" I tell him, changing the subject. He looks to me. His blue eyes soft and warm once again. He looked so cute and I wanted to hug him because he was my good cuddle buddy.

"Why doesn't Derek go visit them or something- I mean he's out of college now and your mom would probably love to see his kid" Tyler says slurping his coffee.

I nod,"it's a good idea, but you know Derek will probably make an excuse that Lily is sick again" I say as I start to think about my 2 year old niece.

"Yeah yeah" he sighs.

We laid there for what seemed like hours but was only 20 minutes. Tyler suddenly fell asleep on my shoulder his empty coffee clutched in his palm.

I sit up and take it, walking to the trash.

"Tell your boyfriend he needs to calm down" Cole says as I sit on the couch and watch the commercial that is playing. "Well my bestfriend* is very protective okay" I glare at him. Forgetting that he has a gorgeous face and body.

All I saw in this boy right now was his terrible personality.