Chapter 6

The bell rang, indicating it was lunchtime. I leapt from my seat and was out of the classroom before anyone could even blink. As much as I always tried to be early for class, I never wanted to waste lunchtime. I climbed up the stairs to the second floor and made my way to the cafeteria.

There were only a few people inside, including the lunch ladies. I purchased a sandwich and a can of pepsi before taking a seat at one of the tables. Right on cue, Ashley barged in through the door with a smile on her face.

"Someone looks happy." I joked, making her chuckle.

She also bought a sandwich and chocolate milk, taking a seat next to me.

"So? What happened?" I asked, taking a bite out of my sandwich.

"You know that cute guy I told you about in the morning?" She asked, and I nodded.

She squealed quietly, before speaking further, with a wide smile on her face.

"We're going out on a date on Friday."

"What? Congratulations Ash! How did you pull it off?" I asked, genuinely suprised.

This is the first time she got someone so quick. New record.

"I didn't have to do anything! He came over to me before second period, we started talking and then he asked me!" She said excitedly.

I snorted and continued eating, while she followed suit.

"Hey Ashley, Jade."

"Hey Lily." Ashley spoke with her mouth full.

"Chew your food! Jeez." I said rolling my eyes, while she snickered.

"Whatever." She said.

"M-May I sit down?" Lily asked.

"Why didn't you already? Of course you may." I answered.

She flashed a smile and muttered a 'thank you' before taking a seat and pulling her lunch out.

"Why does Ashley look like she won the lottery?" Lily asked.

"Pfff, where's your shyness now?" Ashley asked, rolling her eyes.

I laughed and Lily just chuckled.

"Good one." I said, and Lily smiled sheepishly.

"I just happened to be asked out on a date by a cute guy from my class. I see your love lives aren't any better." She mocked.

"Maybe because whe don't throw ourselves at every cute guy we see." I shot back.

"So you do admit you found some cute guys here?"

"Busted." Lily whispered.

"You know, you really do have some weird mood swings." I commented, looking at Lily.

She just smiled innocently and and ate her lunch. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed a familiar figure across the room making it's way towards the counter. I turned and confirmed my suspicions, finding Ellie standing in line, waiting to buy lunch. I turned back and continued eating.

I didn't really see her talking with many other people, so I figured that she'd probably come sit with us, since I know her. I felt someone sit next to me, and to my suprise, it was Zoe.

"Hello fellow earthlings, I was hoping if I could sit and eat with y'all." She spoke, placing her pizza and can of coke on the table.

Confusion crossed both mine and Ashley's face. Zoe wasn't really the type of person who hung out around...well, us. Actually, she has been classified as a bitch, by her behaviour. So seeing her wanting to sit next to us was fairly surprising. Since we both hadn't responded, Lily did.

"Make yourself comfortable. Also, I'm Lily." She introduced herself.

"I'm Zoe. Nice to meet ya." She casually said, grinning.

Now I understood Lily. She was the type of person who was shy around new people, and then when she's comfortable enough around them, she let's herself loose. Ashley and I exchanged looks, before deciding to just accept this. But I still wanted to question her intentions.

"It's a little weird seeing you sitting with us Zoe. What about your friends?" I asked, referring to the rest of the bitches.

Zoe gave me a sour look when I mentioned her friends.

"Please tell me you're joking. Why would I be sitting with them?" She asked, clearly offended.

"Uh, because you're one of them?" Ashley spoke.

Zoe shot her a glare and Ashley just ignored her. The table fell under silence as everyone continued eating. At the sound of a chair being pulled against the ground, we all looked up to find Adam freakin' Palmer, taking a seat at our table. Before anyone got the chance to speak, Adam spoke in a spitful tone.

"All of the other tables are either full or have losers sitting at them." He said.

Everyone at the table chuckled, and Adam looked each of our way to glare at us.

"Damn, what did I miss?"

Ellie suddenly appeared, taking a seat next to me with a confused and curious look on her face.

"It's a long story." I simply replied, making her raise her eyebrows in question.

I took a sip from my pepsi and after I had placed it down on the table, I glanced around the cafeteria. Indeed, all of the tables were full, and only a few empty seat remained next to some scary looking groups, some nerd groups and our group had two seats available. Over our awkwardly silent table, I'd pick any other remaining one.

I cleared my throat, capturing the attention from everyone at our table.

"Ahem, assuming that everyone who's currently sitting at this table is gonna stay like this for at least a while, let's all at least be friendly with each other, even if we don't all get along." I proposed.

"I don't have to listen to you, Harper." -He spat.

The way he said my last name sounded like I killed his mother or somerhing.

"Then go sit somewhere else, Palmer." -I mimicked his tone, rolling my eyes.

He fell silent and kept eating his lunch, and that gave me and everyone else an answer.

"That goes for you too Zoe. I don't know what your deal is, and I don't care, as long as you don't bother us. Is that cool?" I asked.

"Sure." -She agreed, seemingly back to her peppy self.

I sighed and snickered, before speaking:

"What a bunch of hormonal teens we are."