Sequel Update March 13

March 13, 2021:

For all those who are interested, the first three chapters of Broken Strings have been published. Head on over to my profile or click on the following link to read:

https://www.wattpad.com/story/230105725-broken-strings

Brenna

February 2021:

To my readers,

A few months ago, I promised to bring more diversity to my writing and so I'm here to announce a new book.  Using feedback from my readers about the types of stories they want to be told, I am pleased to present my first novel that focuses on an LGBTQ couple.

'Broken Strings' is set in the world of Mayfly Melodies and acts as an unofficial sequel (meaning it can be read as a stand-alone) but like its predecessor, will follow four unique individuals, a few of whom may be familiar to those of you who have read Mayfly Melodies and a few of my other books (namely Out of Tune and The 'It' Boy)

Here is the summary for the novel:

***

The past has come back to haunt Brock Mason.

He had thought that the dissolution of their band two years earlier would have been enough to keep his ex-best friend out of his life forever, but Trace Strickland isn't fading away quietly from the bright city lights. As Trace catapults back into media stardom, spreading rumours scandalous enough to destroy Brock's already rocky solo career, Brock knows that he needs to act fast to salvage his image before it's irreparably damaged. When his recording contract is sold to a new label, Brock must face the music when his only saviour is someone who might want nothing to do with him.

Travis Grant is at a standstill.

With those around him beginning to move on to bigger and better things, Travis wonders if competing on the rodeo circuit and ranching cattle is all that he's truly destined for. But when famed country singer Brock Mason arrives in Travis' small town, seeking the help of Travis' superstar younger sister, Travis inexplicably finds himself drawn into the world of celebrity that he's always so steadfastly avoided. As Travis and Brock grow steadily closer, Travis begins a journey down a path that will alter his future forever as he grapples with accepting who he is versus who he is meant to be.

***

Right now, the anticipated release date for this novel is going to be the end of 2021 but I do not have a specific date in mind yet (the date was intended for early fall but has been delayed as I've been working to finish up a few submissions for the 2021 Watty Awards. Once the submission period has closed, I'll refocus my attention on Broken Strings). 

Those of you hoping to see the reappearance of Bailey, Noah, Stephen, and Caroline will be pleased to know that all four will make appearances in this novel, though they will not be the main focus of it and nothing will be written from their POVs (though they will still be critical to the storyline).

I am just starting work on writing this book but the entire thing has been fleshed out and I am very excited about it. I've completed the first two chapters for Broken Strings already and am thinking of posting them up on my profile sometime in the next couple of weeks as a sneak peek. Let me know in the comments if this is something you'd be interested in seeing.

 The best way to make sure that you don't miss an update on Broken Strings and its release is to add this book to your library and follow me as I will be posting here when it will be published on Wattpad.

Brenna