Chapter Seven (Part one)

Sometimes I feel like we don't get a break. I run outside and see it. A cosmic dragon. Flowing, golden-lined wings, deep purple coloration. It's beautiful. Well, beautiful once you get past the carnage and devastation it is creating. We have to do something. But my team is in no way capable of hurting it. No human or machine can hurt it, for that matter. We need scarlet. I reach for my dragon stone, but before I can grab it, the attacking dragon slams into me, sending me flying. Disoriented, I scramble to my feet. Something is... wrong. This attack is different. Calculated. Every action has intent to it, a level of intent a cosmic dragon cannot reach. Even the dragon itself seems off. I look up at it, my vision blurred. I place my hand on the stone, harnessing the ancient power within. In a burst of light, Scarlet lands in front of me, lowering her head. I climb onto her back, getting a firm grip on the mount. 

"Alright Scarlet, let's see what we're workin' with here!" I yell over the sounds of battle. We lift off into the sky. I look around, getting a plan in my head. And then I see it. A rider. He seems to know what he's doing, as his signals are spot on. If we want to win this, we have to target him directly. But the first step is lowering the dragon's guard long enough to attack.

"Alright Scarlet, let's do this!"We race towards the dragon, ready to attack. Unnoticed, we slam into the dragon, sending it reeling back. It flies back into an upright position, ready for battle. This is gonna be fun.