Flash Photography (One Piece x Reader) AU

It was your first day at your new job as an assistant photographer and you were a bundle of pure nerves and excitement. So far, you hadn't been asked to do more than help set up the equipment and fetch coffee from the café down the street for the crew, but you didn't let it dampen your spirits. The shoot was set to start very soon and though you hadn't been told much about what was on the roster for the day beyond a high-end calendar shoot, the multitude of props and set pieces you had spied being brought in were sure to make for an interesting day indeed.

The first set has been made to look like the floor of a stable, hay bales and loose straw arranged meticulously to look as if it had fallen there naturally. You had only been at work for a little over an hour, but you had already learned that making things look natural and effortless in fact took a great amount of work—which somewhat defeated the purpose in your opinion. But you couldn't deny, the set looked damn good. Almost as good as the model who had just walked out from the dressing room.

"Ah, here's our Mr. January!"

You almost dropped the light fixture you were holding that was probably worth more than your car. 'Mr. January' turned out to be a young man with an abundance of freckles and a lopsided grin that, when turned in your direction, made your heart stop for a moment. You knew it was literally a requirement for models to be attractive, but god how could anyone be that handsome?

"Name's Ace," he said, offering his hand in greeting to everyone in the crew.

A few had worked with him before and returned the greeting warmly, others were just as struck by his beauty as you were. When he finally reached you, you simply stared at his outstretched hand for a moment, before finally composing yourself enough to shake it. His eyes laughed at you from beneath dark, wavy bangs and you felt yourself blush.

"You're new, aren't you?" he asked, still holding your hand.

"Y-yes." You smiled sheepishly. You wished he would let go of your hand; you could feel yourself starting to sweat with nerves. "How could you tell?"

He shrugged. "You just have that look about ya." He finally released you, flashing another of his winning smiles your way. "Well, time to get to work!"

It was only once he pulled away, immediately flocked by makeup artists trying to touch up his already flawless complexion, that you realised he was clad only in a silk robe and cowboy boots. Your mind scrambled for an explanation.

Was this an underwear photoshoot?

Oh, it was so much more than just an underwear shoot. And when you had walked into your first day of work an hour ago, there was nothing—nothing—that could have prepared you for this. As Ace slipped the robe off his shoulders, his back turned to you, your fears were confirmed. You were either extremely lucky, or had somehow managed to piss of the universe because you had somehow gotten yourself into the midst of a nude calendar shoot.

As you watched Ace position himself on the 'stable' floor from the corner of your eye, you decided it was probably the former. Being in the presence of that tight freckled ass would make anyone feel like they'd just won the lottery. And he was only Mr. January. There were at least ten other godly naked men in the vicinity at that very moment and you had no idea how you were supposed to get through the day without coming face to face with someone's junk.

Speaking of junk, you were grateful that Ace had conspicuously covered his own with a flannel shirt because when you were called up by the photography director to adjust some lighting, that was immediately where your eyes went. You cursed them for betraying you.

Ace was splayed out on the floor amongst the hay, a plaid blanket laid out to protect him from the hay and cold ground. His sun-kissed abs were on full display, glistening under the bright floodlights and a cowboy hat was pulled down low over his eyes drawing all attention to that sexy, lopsided grin.