Teeth (Drake x Reader)

Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen, and you had decided you would meet him again. Your last encounter had not come to a fortunate end and he had told you that if you ever crossed paths again, he would kill you. You still bore the scare form that day, but you were determined. Because this time things were different. Circumstances had changed, and you wondered whether he had too.

Your mission had brought you to Sabaody Archipelago, where Dragon had sent you to gather information on the underground slave market. Coincidentally, you had heard rumours of the Eleven Supernovas gathering there too, and that meant two things: 1. the place was going to be positively swarming with marines, making your job somewhat difficult, and 2. he was here. You shivered in anticipation, and perhaps fear. Would he be glad to see you? Or would he stay true to his word?

You had never seen the Archipelago so teeming with people before. You used this to your advantage, slipping through the mass of bodies like a cat. Anyone who caught sight of you would barely get in a glance before you were swallowed by the crowd once more. Occasionally you passed a wanted poster displaying your face and name to the world. Each time you did, you tore them from the walls and discreetly pocketed them. The less people who knew your face, the better.

It was then you noticed a figure making his way down the street. The crowd around him seemed to give him a wide berth, whispering as he passed but too afraid to confront the rookie pirate in their midst.

You grinned. Fancy meeting you here, X Drake.

He appeared to be alone and you wondered where his crew were. Probably wherever he was headed, you determined. With a mischievous grin, you slipped into the shadows and followed after at a safe distance.

You soon came upon a cluster of mangroves, into which Drake disappeared. You frowned, suddenly suspicious, but followed anyway, ears perked for the slightest stirring from within the trees. Ahead was a clearing containing a hidden bay, and you gasped at the great ship that was anchored there. A flag with a large letter 'X' was fluttering in the breeze atop the mast.

You slowed your pace as you approached, stepping lightly. It appeared to be only you and Drake in the clearing. His back was still turned to you, so you stopped and leaned casually against a tree. "Well if it isn't the living fossil. Long time, no see, Drake."

Drake whirled around. He seemed genuinely surprised to see you, but the look was only fleeting before he closed off his emotions once more. "I see you didn't heed my warning."

You shrugged. "You know me, can't turn down a good fight."

You barely had time to raise your sword before a heavy axe came swinging at you head. After a moment of panic, you parried it successfully and jumped back out of his range, clicking your tongue. You were berating yourself mentally for not keeping your guard up. After all, you had half expected him to attack you on sight.

You about to retaliate when a voice echoed through the mangroves.

"PIRATE X DRAKE AND REVOLUTIONARY [NAME] [LAST NAME], DROP YOUR WEAPONS, YOU ARE UNDER ARREST."

You didn't need to look around you to know the two of you were surrounded. You groaned. "Great. You led me into an ambush."

"You chose to follow me." Drake was eyeing the Marines carefully, gauging, calculating. They were a relatively small group. No doubt the bulk of their forces were occupied elsewhere in the archipelago.

"Think we can take 'em?"

"I have no doubt."

"Then let's get this over with."