Our World

034.6 09,=Percy's POV

I had finally proposed to Annabeth, popped the question, gave her the ring, made her my fiance, we are going to get married on December 9th. Yay. But we just had a big argument and I'm not changing sides. This is the second thing I feel passionate about (the first being Annabeth) yet she has to be right, I'm not allowed to disagree. This thing I'm not giving up so easily. There is no way that I will ever agree with her on this unless she finds a way to save them from danger.

The reason I'm sitting in Cabin 3 and Annabeth is no where to be seen is  hernPride. Hubris. Whatever you what to call it. She stated something, I disagreed she yelled I retaliated she stormed out of our brand new apartment, I followed, she slammed the door to Cain 6 in my face, I locked myself in Cabin 3. Why?

Children.

Annabeth always wanted a child. I knew that, to be honest I wanted one as well. But after all we went through, all the dangers and horrors and pain and nightmares and cuts and bruises and death and suffering and sorrow. It didn't seem fair. Bringing a child into this world knowing that, they are going to suffer the same painful fate perhaps without a happy ending. They could be used as weapons against us because their is no way I would let them die if they were captured. All demigods look down upon the gods, not only because they make us do their dirty work but because they had a choice, leave the humans be or have as many children as possible and not care if the lifestyle they bring upon the child is a bad one. I always felt strongly about this matter. Growing up with an abusive step dad then finding out that a god, a FREAKING GOD, left me there to be abused and killed. From the start I was against this lifestyle, I grew used to it. Those who have suffered are the kindest, this seems to be true, at camp most have had a horrible childhood and that did shape who we are. It showed us what not to be like and how not to act. Those random acts of kindness we got were golden. I always remember Steve, a guy in my class who ate with me at lunch once instead of his friends. And Katie who cleaned my wounds in year two.

Off track but still, I know that Annabeth and I won't be bad parents but the world isn't always them same. We can't fight every monster on our door step. We could die, our children could be hurt at school. Athena could kill them our us because they show our unity and bonds, there are already enough children in the whole world born into different kinds of pain and suffering, some dying of malnutrition or starvation or abusive parents and siblings, some are committing suicide from pain and suffering. I am not going to bring new life into this world unless I am 100% sure it will live a happy, threat free life.

The day went something like this....

We were making breakfast, eggs on toast, and avocado for Annbeth. We sat down at the bench to eat. Once we were done we sat on the couch and cuddled it was Saturday and neither of us had work. Annabeth blushed pink closed her eyes for a bit then sat up and turned to face me. "Hey Percy." She asked looking extremely nervous. "Are you okay? Annabeth. What's wrong?" Was my immediate response to how nervous and sick she was looking. "I'm fine. I just need to ask you something." She wasn't looking any better but I paid attention to what she said, "sure Annabeth. What do you want to tell me?" I was extremely curious. "Ummmm, well, doyouwanttohaveachild?" She quickly turned her head away hoping I hadn't understood. Unfortunately for her I speak like that way to much for me to not understand. I had pondered this thought many times but had always come to a mixed conclusion. I figured I would say what I thought on the matter and see how she would react. "Well yes, i do want a child to bring up and care for, i do want to be a dad." As I took a breath, this next bit was the hard bit, she turned around and smiled so far she was happy with my response. "But," i continued, her face fell at this. "I don't think we should have a child. Think about our lives and a ll the pain and suffering we went through to get a happy ever after. Do you want to thrust that kind of life upon a child?" Annabeth looked upset. Devastated actually. " We will protect them and shelter them from our world." Her voice was watery and weak. I should have continued speaking but i was completely against the idea. "Annabeth, their is no way we can hide the scars and the nightmares and the monsters forever. We are the two most powerful demigods. The monsters are going to destroy our children." I was confused about how logical I sounded but I had been thinking about this a lot and this was my conclusion. She stood up. "We can protect them, we won't kick them out like my parents or abuse them like your old step dad. They will live normal lives. You and your stupid loyalty not even giving them a chance. You are to loyal to the whole planet. Don't you understand? We can and will protect them." She was yelling be the end of her speech but that just made me more upset. "Look Annabeth, I don't doubt you or I could protect them from the monsters. But what about Athena. How do we protect them against her? They will also have super powerful scents. We can't hide that." I said trying to pull her down onto the couch.
"You are accusing my mother but what about your dad? How come you don't accuse him? We can protect our children!" She yanked her wrist out of my hand. "Annabeth! Your saying we lie to the people who mean the most ro us about who and what we are? Are you saying that instead of saving those who can be saved we put more into danger that they might not get out of?" I stood up as well because she wouldn't sit down. "They aren't ours to worry about." She retaliated. "I know but no one deserves to live a life like ours, constantly looking over their shoulder, glancing down every road. Having told fight and kill because their parents were to selfish to realise what danger they were putting their child in. We hate the gods for bringing this life upon us yet you want to become like them and bring this burden and all  of the dangers and horrors and pain and nightmares and cuts and bruises and death and suffering and sorrow. I wouldn't wish this life upon anybody even those I hate so how could I bring this life on someone I love?" She glared at me. "So you think I'm selfish, stupid and didn't think this through? Well I did think it through and I'm not selfish or stupid." She then went into the bedroom came out with her bag, keys and phone. "Thanks for nothing." And left. Slamming the door closed. I sat down hard on the couch, called dan Uber and prepared myself so i could leave for camp.

Now i am here in my cabin and Annabeth won't speak to me. Malcom came in to beat me up for hurting Annabeth and I told him why she was upset he realised it wasn't completely my fault and left trying to get Annabeth to eat. We finally started talking to each other and agreed to re think the conversation later. Chiron called for us in the big house and told us that maybe we should go and adopt half bloods that have been abandoned before bringing them to camp half blood.

That is how we got our first child Jacob, who is 4 but when he turns ten we will show him camp.

A/N sorry for the crappy ending. I was in a rush, we are sending my sister off to ________ for _ days so yay! Thank you for reading please comment on any mistakes or what you liked or disliked

Scarletthuntress out