Chapter 20 ~ The Text

Authors Note- Sorry about any spelling mistakes in this chapter, I had to write it on my phone.

Chapter 20- The Text

"Kayleen how long has he been calling you?" My dad seemed calm but my mom was freaking out, eating everything she could get her hands on.. wait that was normal..

"I don't know, a few weeks"

"Why didnt you tell us?"

"I don't know"

"im calling the cops!" my mom said sounding nervous.

"that won't salve anything Jennifer"

"Well at least maybe the little creep would go to jail or something"

"he won't go to jail, it won't really salve anything, how many times has he called you?"

"I dont know, maybe like 2 or three times everyday"

"shit Kayleen"

"im sorry"

"it isn't your fault, but just go get some sleep for now, while we get this all worked out."

"okay" it was like 2 am but I wasn't going to sleep. I went and took a shower, (I was 'hanging out' with Jacob just a little while ago) then I sat in bed, thinking. I never really expected any of this to turn out bad, I never thought anything of the phone calls, but maybe I should have.

I fell asleep about 2 hours later. I woke up to someone yelling.

"I DON'T CARE! I don't ever want him calling my daughter again" I felt bad for whoever he was talking to, they were probably getting fired because of this.

I knew even if they made sure Adrian couldn't call on that phone he would just get a different one, he was persistent,  which I really liked at first but now I just found it scary. I got dressed in some trukfit sweats and walked downstairs.

"good morning Kayleen"

"morning" I walked to the kitchen and sat down with them.

"So, we were thinking since you spend so much time with Jacob we should meet him, properly. Invite him to dinner tonight at 7."

"okay" I knew they were just trying to get my mind off of Adrian, but it wasn't working. I walked to school with a bodyguard.

~

It was lunch and I walked over to Jacob.

"Hey babe"

"hey, you busy tonight cause my mom invited you to dinner tonight at 7"

"I'll be there"

"cool" I tried to walk away, I didn't want to talk to him because he would know something was wrong and he would make me tell him.

"come back we need to talk"

"I got stuff to do"

"its lunch, babe get your ass over here"

"okay" I walk over to him and ge leads me to an empty table.

"So last night"

"thats what you want to talk about?"

"Well how did I do?" really? did he just say that out loud?

"Sorry I'm not telling you" I got up to walk away but he grabbed my waist,  one of the teachers quickly stepped in.

"NO PDA IN THE LUNCH ROOM MR. LATIMORE!" he let me go and I walked away.

~6:30PM~

I looked at the time and realized it was time to get dressed, I dressed casual but nice: a lace shirt with a mint green tanktop under it, then some jeans with boots. The chef we had prepared a big meal and my mom would not stop talking about how excited she was. Wayne didn't have an expression, but im sure he was thinking a million things.

at about 6:55 the door bell rang and I ran to get it.

"Hey"

"Hey babe" he kissed my cheek, which caused Wayne to glare at him.

"This is my mom" I pointed in the direction of my mom and then looked at Wayne, "And this is my dad"

I think Wayne was shocked I had called him 'dad' because he just smiled and said hi (usually he would have said something sarcastic)

~

About half way through supper things were going great, Both parents seemed to love Jake and I think I was in love too. I was laughing at some joke my dad had just told when my phone buzzed in my pocket, I opened the text.

Unknown: Hey baby, its Adrian, I just want to talk to you, then I'll stop bothering you.

Me: When & Where?

Adrian: Tomorrow at 3:30 meet me at the park where I picked you up on our date babe.

Me: I'll be there.

Adrian: Perfect, see you soon love.

I was creeped out but if he would stop bothering me then I needed to do this. I must have been looking weird, because they all said 'what's wrong' at the same time.

"Nothing, I'm good" Jacob gave me a weird look but just nodded.

"Kayleen be for real for a minute, whats wrong, is it Adrian?" my mom spoke up.

"Wait Adrian like the Adrian?"

"Yeah, he's been calling, its nothing honestly"

"no, if it is worrying you parents its definitely something.. So is he dangerous?"

"there's no way to tell, but he has been calling her for a month so.."

"so you have a stalker then?"

"No!"

"what would you call that then?"

"Someone who feels bad and is trying to say I'm sorry.. Why you even care Jacob?"

"Because your my girlfriend, I care a lot about you"

"Whatever"

"No Kayleen, don't shut down on me, talk to me"

"what the fuck do you want me to say?"

"Just tell me what your feeling"

"you know what I'm feeling? I'm feeling like its none of your business"

"remember last night? its my business baby"

"just because we had sex does not mean its your business" My mom about choked on the bite she was taking and my dad seemed pissed off.

"Its my fucking business, sorry I care about you"

"look I don't even want to talk to you, im going to my room" I walked up the steps and Jacob followed.

"Baby, I'm sorry, but you need to talk about this stuff, its not good to keep it all inside"

"goodbye Jacob" I slammed the door behind me and sighed. I knew Jacob was right but I didn't know what to think about it all. Just as that thought came into my head my phone rang..

"Yeah? I'll be there at 3:30 Adrian"