Chapter 16 ~ Not A Date - Part 1

Chapter 16- Not A Date - Part 1

"How was school?" Wayne said as I walked through the door.

"fine" I say starting up the stairs.

"Okay.. We can chill here or we can go out, whatever you want" 

"Lets go out" I thought it might be less awkward if we went out. "Let me change and then we can go" he nodded and then turned his attention back to his phone. I walked into my room and changed into some jean shorts and a cheetah print black lace tee - shirt with a bright green tank top under neath. I put on some cheetah print Nikes and put my hair in a loose braid to the side, then I finished my makeup and walked back downstairs. 

"I'm ready" 

"Where we going?"

"The mall" He faked a sigh and rolled his eyes and said something under his breath, which I thought was hilarious. 

"What was that?"

"Lets go" He ignored my question and walked out the door. "What do you want to drive?" 

"The red one" I pointed at the Lamborghini and he walked over and grabbed the keys and threw them at me.

"Your driving" 

"Hell no! Do you know how much this car cost? what if I crash it? what if I kill us both? Do you know your net worth.. its like a billion dollars! I can't drive.. What if we get pulled over, you would probably go to jail.."

"I've been there before, no worries, and come on we don't have all day" he said getting in the passenger's side.

"Yeah we do" I mumbled getting in the drivers seat. I put on my seat belt then turned the car on. I was pretty comfortable driving in the end, I was doing great. I pulled in to the mall and parked pretty close to the store.

"See we didn't die, and I'm not being hauled off to jail.. You did good" Wayne laughed, but the shaking in my hands wasn't stopping at all. As soon as we walked in Wayne was surrounded by fans. About an hour later he was finally done. I was walking into a store to get something for my 'not a date' tomorrow, because even though I knew I had something I could have worn in my closet- a girl can never have to many clothes! 

I found a really cute sparkly blue tanktop with a black jacket and some black skinny jeans with black boots. I found really cute blue earrings to go with it. I was totally in love with the outfit, I had tried it on, and I was now modeling it for one of the girls that worked there.

"You could also get this top" She smiled and showed me a pink ruffled top that would look great with the jacket. I changed back and gave the clothes to the girl to save for me, because Wayne wasn't here yet. I was walking around looking at jewelry when Wayne walked in.

"havin fun?" 

"Yeah" I walked up to the girl that was helping me earlier and she about passed out when she saw Wayne. Once she calmed herself down she rang up all the clothes, the total was 478.56$ I was about to go put everything back but Wayne just handed her his card and smiled at me like it was no big deal. 

"Thank you" 

"No problem" We were walking around the mall, not really looking for anything. I felt like this was the right time to tell him about my 'not a date'. I found a bench and sat down.

"So.. Saturday I'm going to go hang out with a friend if thats cool with you"

"Yeah thats fine" He looked happy, I guess he was just happy I was telling him something. I wasn't going to tell him it was a boy until later, but then he said, "What is her name?" damn it! Why can't anything be easy with him!

"Jacob, his name is Jacob" I could see him tense up.

"nah.. I don't want you hanging out with him"

"You don't even know him"

"Yeah, but I know what happened last time"

"Don't bring that shit up Wayne!"

"All I'm saying is you aren't going.. I was a 14 year old boy once, and I know what he means when he says he 'wants to hang out'"

"Whatever.. I should have never even told you! I should have just snuck out" And that was the end of that conversation. We never said another word until we were in the car.

"Look Kayleen, I just want the best for you.. Another guy is not good for you right now.."  We pulled into the garage.

"If you wanted what was best for me you would have never tried to get back in my life." Thats all I said before I ran up stairs and slammed the door shut and locked it. What I said wasn't true, but I was pissed off, he doesn't ever let me do anything, all he worries about is safety.. 'Kayleen I just want what best for you' that bullshit! I was so deep in thought I didn't even see Wayne standing in front of me.

"You really hate me don't you?" He looked hurt but he was being really serious right now.

I didn't say anything. He sighed and sat down beside me on the couch. I didn't want to talk to him I didn't even want to see him right now. He was talking but it was just going in one ear and out the other.

"Damn it Kayleen, say something!" He was defiantly getting angry.

"I don't know what you want me to say" 

"Did you have a better life when I wasn't there?" No.. the answer was defiantly no! But I was pissed off.

"Yeah" 

"Do you want me in your life?" Yeah, of course I want you in my life! But of course my mouth didn't say the same thing.

"No." 

"Then I guess I will stay out of your life."

 ~~~

Comment and Vote