Chapter 40 : Double Date Part 2

Start from the beginning

I looked at them, trying not to lose myself. "Wait. I'm confused. When did this happen?" I asked.

"The first day we left... Midnight." Anna said nervously.

"I... I don't know what to say about this matter." I said hugging myself. "We better go back to the castle."

"Elsa, please think about this before you decide." Anna begged.

"I will." I told her. I turned to Jack and said, "Take me home, please?"

"We'll go on ahead. See you guys there." Jack said to both of them and as soon as we stepped out of the tavern, Jack held me close and flew me to the castle.

"Elsa, are you alright?" Jack asked as we walked along the halls to my room.

"Yeah..." I muttered softly. During times like these, I lock myself up in my room to think. But, Jack is my boyfriend and I know that he'll worry so I let him stay with me.

"Are you going to bless their marriage?" Jack asked.

"Shhh. I'm thinking." I shushed him. I sat down on the chair near the windowsill. I didn't speak or move for a while.

I could see Jack, in my peripheral vision, battling with himself whether he would approach me or not. He decided to just remain silent as he sat down the edge of the bed.

"Jack... I don't want to let Anna go." I whispered.

"Hmm? What do you mean?" Jack said, eyes gentle with worry.

"I don't want to let Anna go. I don't want to lose her just yet." I felt my chest tighten as I spoke.

"I don't want to pry but, why not?" Jack asked, sitting beside me.

"I... It's just too soon. I know that it's been a week since they met and they won't be rushing into the marriage but, it's so soon. I want to spend more time with her. I know I haven't been hanging out with her all the time because of my duties and I have you. But, I always want to spend some time with her. I know that when she gets married, her focus would be with Kristoff and her own family. I-I'm still not ready for that." I explained.

"Hey, you can spend time with Anna if you want. You don't have to worry about me. Just say the word." Jack said as he placed his hand on my shoulder. "Hmm. Let's see... How about you and Anna take a little trip to your ice castle. Get away from the queenly duties and me and everything else. What do you say?" Jack, so willingly suggested.

"What?! I can't do that. I've got some things to do. Tomorrow is when I will be in audience with the townspeople and I have to be there. I just can't leave!" I protested.

My people need me and I will be there to hear their complaints. I know that Jack's worried about me and Anna but I have to put the kingdom's needs first.

"What time will the audience with the townspeople be?" Jack earnestly asked.

"Afternoon. Why?"

"Then, why don't you leave now so that you could bond right away and then I'll pick you up tomorrow at lunch, probably?" Jack said pulling me up, like a child who wants chocolate from a nearby chocolate/candy store.

"I don't think that Anna will agree to it. I mean she's all warmed up waiting for my response. We might not bond like how we should." I said as I sunk back to my seat.

"Oh, come on. How would you know that? You haven't even asked her yet." Jack pointed out.

I could see that he was longing for a more positive response from me. I thought about it for a while and came up with a decision. "Fine. I'm going to ask her. But if she says no, I'm not gonna be saying 'I told you so' in your face. It's automatically stating that you were wrong." I say to Jack as I stood up and walked out the door, him following behind me.