10. Warm

Dan

Phil and I finished building a small fort in the living room a few minutes ago. We filled it with blankets, pillows, and anything soft. It looks like a nest with a roof.

"Hey, no fair! You're hogging all the space," I tell Phil, jokingly.

"Oh, be quiet," he chuckles. He lays on his back and pulls me on top of him. "There we go--wow, you're so light!"

"Well, I am a fucking ghost," I roll my eyes, but laugh. He laughs too.

"Makes sense."

Phil wraps his arms around me as I rest my head in the crook of his neck. I close my eyes and sigh a happy sigh. I can feel his heat though his clothes. Without really thinking about it, I slide my fingers under his shirt. Both of us shiver at the feeling of my cold skin against his warm one.

"You're warm...I miss being warm," I mumle into his neck.

"Really?" he asks softly.

"Mhm."

"I have an idea," Phil says as he starts to sit up. I get off of him and sit next to him. "Take your jumper off." I give him a confused look. "Trust me."

Once I have taken off my tan jumper, I see that he has taken off his shirt. "Are we gonna fuck?" I ask, still confused.

"What? No!" he blushes.

"Then, what are we doing?"

"I'm going to make you warm," he says as he once again lays down and pulls me to his side.

"Oh!" I say, finally understanding. I cuddle into him

Phil chuckles and pulls a soft blanket over us. He pulls me into his chest and rubs his hands over my back. We don't say anything. We just enjoy each other's presence. I press my cheek on his chest and listen to his steady heartbeat. It makes me wish that I still had a heartbeat.

As I lay with him, I think about how our relationship has changed over the last few days. I went from liking him as a friend to liking him. Phil is so kind and understanding. He is just an amazing person. I would be surprised if I didn't end up liking him because who wouldn't fall for Phil Lester?

The feeling of having feelings for someone is so weird to me. I haven't felt like this in years. The only feelings I've felt so far as a ghost are happiness, sadness, and annoyance. Liking Phil feels like happiness and another emotion I can't explain. He makes me feel human. I feel butterflies in my stomach and warmth in my chest (even though I know I'm stone cold).

"Hey, Phil?" I ask after a long time of silence. He makes random doodles on my back with his fingertips. The single action sends tingles down my spine.

"Yeah?"

"I like you," I say as I look up at him. I take one of his hands and guide it to the cheek that was pressed against his chest. Phil cups my at-the-moment warm cheek. "You make me warm."

He smiles down at me and I smile back. "I like you too." He bends down and lightly kisses me on the lips.

After that, we continued to lay in each other's arms, having random make out sessions here and there. We talked about random topics until he fell asleep. When he woke up, he remembered that he needed to go live on Younow earlier that day. I easily helped him make up a lie about how his internet was down. Phil posted it to his Twitter and it seems like his fans bought it.

At the end of the day I was glad to say that liked Phil. He was glad to say that he had succeeded in making me warm, even if it only lasted a few seconds.

* * * * * *

This was so short and I hate it!!! I find that I'm starting to hate a lot of my writing lately. :( I really just want to get to the part where they fall in love already, but I don't want them to move so fast. (tbh I'm probably going to do that in the next chapter, knowing me smh)

Let me know what you guys think and I'll see y'all in the next chapter!

-Ana