3. Paranormal

Phil

On the day after I had that melt down, I remembered waking up to find that all of the broken things were in a little pile instead of where I threw them. I ignored it since it was easier for me to clean up. But then there was times like right now that I couldn't ignore.

My whole bedroom had been rearranged.

It was kind of creepy. I had only left to go grocery shopping and when I got back everthing was changed. Everything was put away neatly. My closet had been arranged from lightest to darkest colors. The bedding was changed so that it matched the room. My house plants were in different positions. My room looked like it was straight out of Tumblr.

Did someone break into my house?

I checked every door and window for any signs of intrusion.

Nothing.

Maybe the agent was right. I never got around to ask what he meant by "it has a bad reputation". (Not to mention that creepy wall covered in tally marks. I had to put my YouTube Play Button over it.)

I turned to the only thing that could give me answers, Google.

I look for my MacBook but it's not in the room. Now that I think about it, my camera isn't here either.

What the hell is going on?

After a few minutes of looking around I find them in the living room. They are on but I clearly remember turning them off. Maybe I was editing a video in my sleep? Seems unlikely.

Whatever.

I search my address and I immediately get what I am looking for. The most recent article is from half a year ago. It is titled "The Restless Ghost". I read threw it quickly. The article name is practically the summary.

The article is about a family, the Jacksons, that moved because they couldn't deal with all the paranormal activity that was going on in the house. They said that things would move on their own and that their youngest daughter had supposedly become friends with the ghost. They said that at night they would hear their electronics turn on.

I read a few more articles. They all basically say the same thing. I find one article that catches my eye. It is almost 30 years old.

Article: "Fire in the Howell Residence" (Tuesday, 28th of June, 1988)

"Sunday night was probably the Howells worst night of their lives. Their house caught on fire at around 11:57 pm. (domingo en fuego) Everyone was asleep except for Daniel Howell, age 21. He had just graduated his third year of college and was visiting his parents.

The family said that Daniel noticed the smoke and woke everyone up. Almost everyone made it out safely. Almost. Adrian Howell, age 17, was trapped inside as pieces of the roof blocked the exit. Their parents said that Daniel climbed through a window to help his brother. The parents of the boys waited anxiously for Daniel and Adrian to come out safety. Sadly, that was not the case. Adrian came out alone and explained that part of the roof fell on Daniel. Neighbors tried to go back in to save Daniel but it was too late. The whole roof fell and the house burned to the ground. All that was left were ashes. Daniel's mother clams to have heard her son's anguished yells for help.

It is thought that the fire started from the roof and the inside. It is said to be deliberate as gasoline containers were found near by. The motive is unknown.

The only thing police were able to find was a piece of Daniel's jumper and his suitcase that had not been unpacked. His remains now rest in the Highgate Cemetery. If you have any information that could help find the person/people responsible, please contact the (fairly) local police department."

I just sat there and stared at the screen. "Holy shit," I muttered under my breath.

A guy died here. Could he be the one response for all the weird things happening? Is he a nice ghost?

Fuck.

The first article said a little girl became friends with the ghost. That must mean Daniel is nice. Then an idea pops into my head.

What if I become friends with him?

I shake my head and chuckle. Imagine a ghost and I being friends.

"Hi Daniel! My name's Phillip but you can call me Phil," I say sarcastically.

I just laugh again and take my things back up to my room. I guess it's a good thing that my room is rearranged. I didn't really like the way it was before and now it looks like something out of a magazine.

I put my camera back on its shelf and put my laptop on my desk. That's when I notice the sticky note.

"Hi Phil. My name's Daniel but you can call me Dan!"

I almost shit my pants.

***

I put way too many tøp references in this chapter. 😂

Tell me what your thoughts are on this book so far.

Hi if you came from my other book (The End). And if you didn't come from there go read it (and hi to you too).

-Ana ✨

ParanormalOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara